Young Master (VIII)

Wei Xiao remained looking down at the book in his hand, but he was no longer turning the pages. Silence sunk into the room and the only sounds that could be heard were the three of them breathing.

One minute passed by, then two minutes. The silence continued on, but the longer it became the colder the room was. By ten minutes, Long Zixi's irritation had reached it's breaking point. If his family members were to see this they would be shocked to even see that he was 'patient' enough to even wait this long. Usually they would only be given five seconds, before Long Zixi's patience wore thin.

Long Zixi gripped Wei Xiao's shoulder, "Xiao Xiao!"

Wei Xiao winced and pulled away, "Ngn!"

Long Zixi frowned at this reaction and pulled apart Wei Xiao's robe, exposing his shoulder. It was supposed to be pale white color like his neck but instead there was a large greenish bruise. Butler Wang gasped at what he saw, "Wh-what happened? Young master Xiao?"

Wei Xiao became flustered and quickly pulled his robe up. His hands gripped his clothes tightly. Long Zixi's eyes narrow down, "Xiao Xiao, tell me what happen. Who did this to you?"

Wei Xiao's eyes redden, he bit his lower lips and shook his head. "It's no-nothing... No one did this to me..."

Long Zixi gritted his teeth, "Do you honestly believe that I will believe that bullshit?"

Wei Xiao started trembling at Long Zixi's change in his tone, his tears threatened to fall but refused to. Seeing that Wei Xiao would't look at him, Long Zixi gripped onto his chin and pinched it as he pull Wei Xiao's face to face his.

When their eyes met, Long Zixi's heart felt even more irritated. Not because that he was annoyed by the other person but rather because he saw the anguish in the other person's eyes. He wanted to know who would dare to cause his friend to be like this. If he ever got his hands on them, he would make sure that they will suffer a fate worst than death.

Butler Wang's heart ached for their unfortunate young master, he was too young and so innocent. He didn't deserve this. Butler Wang's eyes redden, he swore that once he leaves the room he will report to Mr. and Mrs. Wei right away.

Wei Xiao closed his eyes shut, refusing to remain having eye contact with Long Zixi, "It's nothing... I-I accidentally fe-fell over..."

Long Zixi pinched Wei Xiao's chin even harder as his irritation grew. He enunciated every word slowly, "Did. You. Not. Hear. Me?"

Wei Xiao's face paled and he clenched his eyes closed. Butler Wang didn't know what to do, he wanted to know who the perpetrator was too but he also didn't want Long Zixi handling Wei Xiao like this. Butler Wang called out softly, "Young master Long..."

Long Zixi ignored Butler Wang, "Did they threaten you not say anything?"

Wei Xiao eyes shot open with fear and shook his head, "N-No!"

The aura around Long Zixi turned murderous. Good, very good. They even have the nerve to threaten 'him'!

Long Zixi knew that he wouldn't get anything more out of Wei Xiao and let go of his chin, "Why didn't you tell me anything? You haven't messaged me in three months too."

Wei Xiao let out a breath of relief as he knew that the other wouldn't pursue the topic anymore but averted his eyes from Long Zixi's, "I-I dropped my phone in the toilet... It doesn't wo-work anymore..."

Long Zixi saw this and clenched his fist, "Then why don't you get a new one?"

Wei Xiao's eyes widened with shock. He opened and closed his mouth but he didn't know what to say. Long Zixi turned to Butler Wang, "How are you guys doing your job? Your young master is here but you can't even protect him?"

Butler Wang was angry, "I-I didn't know! We weren't allowed to come anywhere near young master Xiao's room."

Long Zixi furrowed his brows, "Why?"

Butler Wang shook his head, "I'm not sure. Suddenly three months ago, young miss Yue was the one who ordered us not to disturb young master Xiao. She said that she had provided him with the unnecessary care that he needed and that we didn't need to attend to young master Xiao anymore."

Long Zixi became silent for a moment before he glanced back up at Wei Xiao, "Xiao Xiao, I'm sorry that I've neglected you."

Wei Xiao only replied with a 'mhm'. Long Zixi took out his phone and made a couple of calls as Butler Wang tried to converse with the now 'traumatized' Wei Xiao. Afterwards Long Zixi bid Wei Xiao farewell, "Xiao Xiao, you don't have to be afraid anymore, Xi ge is here. I will protect you from now on. I will come again tomorrow."

Wei Xiao paused on the page he was on and weakly nodded his head. As much as Long Zixi wanted to stay here with Wei Xiao, he needed to sort out some business first. Butler Wang had to leave Wei Xiao as he had to show Long Zixi out.

Once they both left the room, Wei Yue slipped in. She had gone to the surveillance room to see what was going on inside of the room, she paled at what Long Zixi had said and cursed Wei Xiao for being an idiot. Wei Yue made sure to warn the guards outside not to let anyone inside until she came out.

Hearing the door open again, Wei Xiao had thought that it was Butler Wang again but he was wrong. His face drained of color and he looked like a ghost when he saw who was at the door. His body unconsciously started trembling and his eyes started darting around the room, looking for any means to escape.

But inwardly, Wei Xiao was as calm as the sea. His eyes glinted with a satisfaction. She took the bait.

Wei Yue didn't catch onto the look in Wei Xiao's eyes as she was already irritated being ignored by Long Zixi, seeing the video surveillance didn't help, and now seeing Wei Xiao's stupid reaction made her anger burst forth. She quickly strode over and fiercely slapped Wei Xiao's face, "How fucking stupid are you?! Now Xi ge will know!"

Wei Xiao started crying, which made Wei Yue more angry. She yanked on his hair and dragged him off the bed. Wei Xiao whimpered in pain as he hit the floor because he only had one unbroken limb, he wasn't able to soften the fall on the ground.

Wei Yue started kicking and punching Wei Xiao, her restraints had long snapped.

Bao Bao who was on the side recording everything was shaking in anger, but he knew better. His host had ordered him to standby and do nothing but make sure that everything was video taped.

By the time Wei Yue was done with her 'tantrum', Wei Xiao was bruised all over. It didn't even matter anymore to Wei Yue, she had left marks on where it was visible. Wei Xiao was curled up in a fetus position hugging his legs.

Wei Yue hmphed and flicked her hair, "You fucking rat, you're lucky that I'm fucking letting you live. You should be grateful. You better not say anything or be stupid like

As soon as Wei Yue left the room, a smile crept onto Wei Xiao's bloodied lips.