Abigail

•Mystic Falls, Present Day•

The next morning after the Masquerade, I decided to pay Katherine one last visit, even though I dreaded it. But I needed to, because in the end, she gave me what I wanted. Once I'm done with visiting Katherine, I was going to call Abby and finally meet her, after years of waiting.

In being a nice friend, I decided to pack a cooler filled with blood bags for her because I didn't know how long she'll be there for. At lease she gets this luxury, instead of my time there.

Once I got to the tomb, memories came flashing back to me. But I pushed all of those memories aside and carried on with my mission. I moved the big stone that blocked the entrance and couldn't see Katherine anywhere, which probably meant she was in the far back.

"Katherine!" I called out. It didn't take long for her to make her the front of the tomb. It seem like being in here for only a few hours had already taken a toll on her body. Her skin was much paler and she look a lot weaker. Now I was beginning to wonder what did I look like when I got out of the tomb. She wobbled as she walked towards the entrance.

She scoffed when she saw me, "Here to see me rot?"

I kicked the cooler into the tomb, "I brought gifts."

Katherine eyed the cooler, before she slid down the wall and onto the floor. "I thought you'll be long gone."

I sighed and sat down on the floor as well, "You gave me what I wanted, I thought it was the right thing to do."

Katherine stared at me a little bit longer before she opened up the cooler and took out a blood bag. She quickly broke the seal and drank the entire thing, not wasting a drop. She groaned, "I hate this stuff."

I raised an eyebrow, "Be happy that you are even getting anything. If you forgotten, we suffered for 145 years without a single drop of blood."

Katherine glared at me, before grabbing another blood bag from the cooler. "You wanted to die, I wasn't going to let that happen." She opened the seal and once again drank every last drop.

"We made a deal, Katherine."

Katherine rolled her eyes, "A deal, that was beyond stupid. I only did that because it was the only thing that made you happy. The thought you finally get to be reunited with your sister in death."

I scoffed, and quickly stood up. "Don't even start with me."

"We both know it's the truth, Juliana." Katherine paused and her eyes filled with fear. "He'll be here soon, Julia."

I nodded, "I know, but looks like you'll be the safest one here." Pointed to the tomb, but then I sighed. "I won't tell them about him. They'll have to figure it out themselves. Damon was stupid for not listening to you." I began to walk toward the stone door to put it back in its place.

"Are you coming back?" She asked me.

I stopped in my tracks, "If I'm need, I will."

"What about me? You love me, Juliana."

I nodded, "I do, but with time, I'm going to forget you. You will be a person of the past." Then I grabbed the stone door and began to move it to its place.

"Don't do this to me, Juliana!" Katherine screamed.

"I have to." I answered and I sealed the tomb shut.

~

"Come on, come on." I mumbled into the phone as it rang. This was my second time trying to call Abigail, and she wasn't answer.