|CHAPTER 21: OMEN|

Let my lips paint for you all the pictures that my clumsy heart cannot.

• • •

"Evelyn, just-"

"No!" She protested quickly, pushing her crying friend behind her, "I will not let you hurt her anymore than you already have."

Madison's tears were soaking her cheeks as she stared at her father, and glaring step-mother.

Robert Greene stared up at his daughter's best friend with a pleading look on his face.

"What is this nonsense?!" Katherine growled, unsatisfied by her husband's pleading actions, almost as if it was embarrassing her.

"Watch your tone, Miss Greene." Evelyn warned.

They had no right.

They both had no right to step into Madison's apartment, demanding her presence and attention.

Madison cowered away behind her friend, feeling undoubtedly the weakest she had ever felt.

"Robert? Are you going to let her speak to me that way?" Katherine stared at her miserable husband, who was busy making eye contact with his daughter, grief and sadness written all over him.

When he ignored his wife, she tried again, only with a much more menacing tone.

"Aren't you at least going to question the trash your daughter associates herself with?" Katherine tapped her foot repeatedly on the floor, showing off her extravagant heels.

"If you think I'm trash, then I really do wonder what kind of women you associate yourself with, sir." Evelyn addressed Robert, completely ignoring the heinous beast right next to him.

"Just move away, Evelyn." He shook his head, begging her to allow him to have a civil conversation with his daughter.

"It's entirely up to Madison. If she chooses to allow herself to speak to you then so be it, other than that you can be damn well sure that I ain't moving." She stood her ground, ready to kick them out the minute Madi says so.

"It's...It's alright, Eve. I'll speak to him." Madison pulled back on her friend's shoulder, who gave her a reassuring nod, convincing her that it was the right thing.

Katherine had a smirk on her face as if showing Evelyn that she had one, but that look didn't go missed by Madison.

"Alone."

And with that, Evelyn grabbed her purse, bidding a quiet good bye to her friend, before she walked out of the apartment, hearing Katherine's protests to go out with her.

***

"You alright?" Steve frowned, keeping an eye on the billionaire as he refused to lose eye contact with the unmoving elevator.

Shaking his head in frustration, Tony looked over to Cap, who was still evidently confused.

"Yeah, fine. What time is it?" Tony raised an eyebrow, he already knew what time it was, but he was just trying to be certain.