Thirty

I'm a very odd person. I always find something I love, I'm obsessed with it for a while, then it all of a sudden stops. Its just gone.

Right now my temporary obsession is Harry Potter. I just started reading the books, excited to watch the movies when I finish reading them, and I'm absolutely obsessed with trying to find out what house I'm in(which my friend told me I was a Ravenclaw, and I definitely don't agree with it). While writing this, I'm literally listening to the Harry Potter soundtrack. XD

God help my soul

Y/n's POV

All I could do was stand there, shock covering other emotions I felt. I could feel Hope's glare stinging harshly into my eyes that were focused on the gym floor. I could hear the Nestor brothers laughing and chanting "(shipname)". I could see the the group of boys handing Ethan high fives and sending him smirks. Mark glanced at me with the same smirk he gave Ethan, then returned his focus to Mr. Nestor. Still standing in shock, I notice Queer Greer enter the gym and hurrying over to the group. Not long after, Rowen came back to the bleachers, passing me on his way to his seat as if he didn't see me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder but stood still. Amy stood at the side of me. "Are you okay?" She questions quietly, a slightly scared but sympathetic look.

Avoiding eye contact, my eyes dart to the floor again. Before I could push out a response, a genuine smile spreads across my face, causing one to grow on Amy's. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you." I nod.

"Okay, good. We were starting to think Ethan did the wrong thing." Amy chuckles, glancing back at Marzia and Singe. "I'll let you go back to your seat. Lake looks like she's about to explode."

The both of us look up at the top row. Lake is staring down at me, red faced, with both excitement and anger. "Good luck." Amy giggles, patting my back.

"I might need it." I nod, earning another giggle from her as she returns to the two girls.

Beginning my way up the steps, I noticed Rowen's confused face. Lake violently pushes Bex over, ignoring her groans, and quickly pulls me into the empty spot.

"What was that?" Lake demands.

"Uh, Ethan-" I began confusedly, only to be interrupted.

"He sure did!" Lake squeals, clapping. She soon stops and looks at me with a strait face. "But you were supposed to get together with Rowen! You ruined my plan!" She whisper yells at me, slapping my arm. "Look at him! So oblivious that the love of his life had just been stolen from him!"

Rowen is staring down at the boys, a wide grin on his face. "Yeah, far from reality. Like I've said multiple times before, we're friends, and only friends. Thats what I think of him, and thats what he thinks of me." I speak sternly, hoping it'll get stuck in her head that way.

Lake scoffs, turning back to the center of the room with her arms crossed. Em looks over. "I think Ethan and Y/n would be cute!"

"Well duh! But if its Ethan and Y/n, I can't be the godmother of their children!" Lake pouts.

My eyes widen. "Woah, you're thinking way too-"

"Oh my gosh, Em look at Tyler!" Lake interrupts me, her eyes lighting up at the sight of Tyler using the bottom half of his shirt to wipe off his forehead, showing his stomach clear as day.

Assuming we're done with this subject, I focus on the two teams on opposite sides of the court in a straight line to throw their ball into the hoop.