MHN 4 || Chance

Follow me here FastAndDeep  for regular updates!

_______ _____________________

•~Luke and Layla~•

Luke's heart pounded in his chest as he stared into Layla's captivating eyes. The raw emotion reflected in his gaze, tears streaming down his face, creating a mask of vulnerability.

"I would have done anything for her, anything at all if she had just given me a chance. But that's the one thing she never granted me," Luke murmured, his voice heavy with emotion. Tears welled up in his eyes, sliding down his face, their glistening trails almost convincing.

Layla watched him, her heart wavering between sympathy and a hunger for something more. It was a sight that almost convinced Layla, but not quite. There was something missing, a spark that needed to ignite for their performance to reach its full potential.

"This isn't it, Luke! We're perfect, too perfect, but that's not what I want. When you say those words with so much emotion, it seems convincing, yes, but it lacks that certain spark, you know?" She gestured animatedly, her arms flailing as she struggled to articulate her feelings. Words didn't come easily to her, not like they did to him.

"I just don't get it, Layla! I've tried a million times already. I told you, I can't do this!" Luke grumbled, frustration evident in his voice as he shook his head.

"No, Luke! You're good, really good. I know we can make it work. I want you and only you for this. You promised to give it your all, Luke, no backing out," Layla stumbled over her words, her gaze fixed on him. Luke was the only person she wanted to share this experience with, the perfect fit for the character if only he could give her what she desired.

"Oh, god, Layla. I'm already giving it my all. Can't you see?" He ran his fingers through his tousled hair, the anguish evident in his every movement.

Caught in the perplexed expression on Layla's face, a surge of guilt washed over Luke. Layla was the love of his life, the one who had given him purpose. Without her, he would be nothing. He wasn't an actor, he didn't know the first thing about performing, but it was Layla who had always pushed him to explore these realms.

Luke and Layla shared a complicated relationship. He loved her, and she was aware of that. However, her love was confined to the realm of friendship. No matter what he did, he couldn't change her feelings for him.

"Then tell me, Layla. What do you want? What's missing? Explain it to me in clear words. What do you need?" Luke stepped off the stage, descending the stairs, and moving closer to her. Would this ever cease to affect him, the way his heart raced every time he neared her?

Layla met his gaze, a mixture of hope and uncertainty in her eyes, as she whispered, "It's hard to explain. Let's try again tomorrow, alright?" Her voice trailed off, the weight of unspoken desires hanging in the air.

She gave him that radiant smile, so full of joy and brightness. And Luke found himself defenseless whenever she smiled like that—she had him wrapped around her finger, whether she realized it or not.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then?" Layla gathered her belongings and stood up, looking at Luke, her eyes longing for a goodbye.

"Want to come over to my place tonight? We could have a sleepover," Luke asked, his gaze hopeful, even though he knew what her response would be.