Chapter 16 Sneakpeak

I read the article over and over again, not once blinking and with so much intensity that my eyes begin to water. I felt a sense of anger take over me, but I couldn't identify it properly. Reading the article has left my brain numb, unable to feel or sense anything that was going around me. I felt pity for the girl and new questions began to form. Who was this girl exactly? How was she related to my aunt?

I jumped out of my seat and ran home. It was time to do a bit of questioning with my aunt. I heard an unfamiliar voice from my house as I approached it. I bolted open the door, only to see a strange man sitting on the sofa.

"Ruby, meet Doctor Brown. He'll be your new counsellor." My aunt smiled at me. Wait a minute, why did she hire a counsellor for me without asking me?

"What's going on?" I asked in confusion.

"Well, you see, we've been talking about the nightmares and delusions you've been having. Dr. Brown will help you with this and we'll work as a team to fix the problem."
My aunt says, Dr. Brown nodding at her.

"You think I'm going crazy? You think that it was all in my head that day?" I shout at my aunt, anger getting the best out of me. My cheeks become red and I am frustrated amd disappointed in my aunt. Why won't she believe me? There really was a man in our attic that day. I become agitated.

"No, it's not like that-" She tried to say something but I cut her off.

"You really do think I'm going crazy, don't you?" I stared at her in disbelief.

"No! I'm just concerned about you! I don't know what's going on with you these days, you hardly talk to me!" Her eyes started to tear up and I immediately felt a sense of sympathy wash over me.

"Fine. I'll do the therapy sessions if you want me to." I gave in.

Little did I know at that time, that I'd be venting off my emotions to a very wrong person. A person I should've never trusted at all. My new therapist.

A.N-
Sorry for the long break i literally have no time these days. Plus my procrastination gets in the way. But I'll be updating whenever i can, i promise.