Invitation

"Jisoo! Hey."

Jisoo turned around to see a handsome face every girl wouldn't stop staring or talking about. "Hi, Jinyoung. What's up?"

"So um... You know about this prom night and everything and just... you know..."

"Yeah I know." She giggled as it was quite funny to see such a smart guy tripping on his own words. "Why? The student council needs some help? Because I'm not really sure but—"

"Will you please be my date?"

She knows him for awhile now. Even long enough to know that Park Jinyoung is a good guy. He can be a predator because of his looks but his smiles are genuine. At least with her.

"Um... I don't really— I don't even know if I'm going."

"Why not?"

Because it sucks to see the person you like, dancing and having the time of her life and it's not me she's with.

"Just not in the mood." She faked a laugh and the latter followed nervously. Jinyoung showed the tickets for two and she stared at it. "Wow."

"Consider my offer?" He looked nervous and his eyes focused on her.

But that was not what caught Jisoo's attention. It was the intense gaze behind him that made her gulp hard. Cat like eyes seemed to be burning through her own and calling upon her. But then the brunette is in someone else's side, arm around her shoulder as if it was the easiest and most casual thing to do. A show of who Jennie belongs to.

She broke the eye contact and smiled a bit at the guy in front of her. "Sorry. I was distracted. Um..."

"It's fine." He tried laughing it off and Jisoo felt bad. "Think about it. Just give me a call then."

Jinyoung walked off and Jisoo could see a smirk on Jennie's face. She shook her head and closed her locker loudly. She didn't know what she was thinking by doing so but if that didn't get each student's attention in the hallway, her voice surely did.

"Jinyoung!" She raced after him, stopping a few meters away from Jennie and her boyfriend. Jisoo took one ticket from his hand and put the best smile she could muster. He was surprised but her bestfriend looked worse. "I'll go with you. Thanks for asking."

Jisoo didn't plan accepting that invitation to prom. She also didn't plan on pecking him on the cheek. She didn't plan anything to get someone's attention.

But she did.

It was like inviting Jennie to brush off Hanbin's arm around her and to follow Jisoo. It was like an invitation to a long talk, maybe even argument. And it was a good invitation indeed.

Because for the first time... it was Jennie chasing after her.