Red

My body had to react. I was standing still, awaiting my fate as Terrence held on to the back of my head and pressed me against him. "You two, go find Red and tell him we got our boy." He commanded, they left, leaving just two holding Nick back and the one with the blue cap. The last one looked uncomfortable, his gaze flickering and his feet shifting every couple of seconds.

I struggled helplessly to get free and I whimpered when he held my hair tighter. "Don't worry," he started. "You and I will still have plenty of time to have some fun before they come back." That sickly grin still stained his face, it was revolting.

"Don't you fucking touch her, you piece of shit." Nick growled with fire in his eyes as he kept struggling to get free. He was no longer the calm, cold Nick he was minutes ago. Every muscle in his body was tensed. The near possible future flashed through my eyes in a split second, panic and terror taking a hold of my emotions and shutting down my senses; I could barely even hear Nick's screams and struggles as he watched Terrence slither his hand around my waist over the constant ringing in my ears.

A wave of repulsion finally shook my body awake when he started sliding his hand down, and my instincts were back; my elbow came up and connected with his nose, his hands flew up to his face as he cried out in pain.

Everything happened so quickly after that, it was a blur. I turned to Nick who was finally able to shake free of the two guys. I must have been so overwhelmed I didn't even notice one of them was already on the floor and barely conscious, the other struggling to get Nick again.

But Nick ran right past him and tackled Terrence to the ground with a deadly look in his eyes. The other man put a strong grip around my arms as I tried screaming and kicking free; Nick was thirsty for blood as he nearly pounded Terrence's face to the alleyway floor, but Terrence caught Nick's fist after it had been stained by blood and twisted it until Nick growled in pain.

He grabbed Nick by his neck and slammed him into the pavement next to him, knocking the air out of him. I was screaming at the top of my lungs desperately as I tried getting free, but the man held me in a tightening grip.

Terrence was choking Nick from on top of him and he pressed harder, Nick struggled for air. His airway was being crushed. He brought up his knee and slammed it into Terrence's stomach with a struggling breath, knocking Terrence from above him. Nick got on top of him and punched him, making a stream of blood spill onto the floor.

The guy with the blue cap grabbed Nick from behind and held him in a headlock, Nick struggled to get back to Terrence. "Hey, stop it man! You'll end up dead if you do this!" Terrence stood up and was making his way towards Nick but before anything else could happen, a powerful voice interrupted.

"Enough!"

Everyone froze for a second, out of the shadows emerged a tall, lean man who couldn't have been over thirty, but his features looked worn out; his eyes were haunting and red, his skin pale and tired, it was as if his whole face had been weighed down and worn out. Even still, he gave off an intimidation and power that was easy to sense and placed tension in the air. I had a gut feeling that he was Red.

He walked calmly, slowly towards us. Over five men trailed behind him, all menacing. Terrence was cursing and breathing heavily as he wiped his bloody, broken nose. Red turned to Nick.

"Well, well," he started, an authentic grin on his face, which somehow made it seem scarier. "It appears the prodigal son has returned." A chuckle deep from his throat rang through the now quiet alley. "Nick, my boy, am I glad to see you again."

"Let me kill him, Red. This little fucker has caused enough trouble alrea-"

"-Terrence." One steady word from Red was enough to make him go quiet. "Everything in its due time. Now, where are my manners?" He laughed and walked towards me, his stare was vicious and deep. I was trembling when he reached for my hand and kissed it. His lips were biting ice on my skin.

"Pleasure to meet you," he smiled. "I'm Red."