•18•Sebastian•

"You're screwed. You know that right?" Andrew said walking into his room.

Sebastian was lying on his bed with his hands behind his head. Just staring at the ceiling.

"I know." He muttered.

He didn't know what got to him. The minute the newbie punched her, he lost it.

"Don't take it to hard on yourself though." Andrew said. "You burst probably because you were dragged away the last time she got into trouble."

That was probably right.

"Where is the other guy. The one she came with to the bar that day?" Sebastian asked.

"Jake?" Andrew asked. "I guess we should ask her."

"Not we. You." Sebastian muttered. "I don't think she wants me around."

"You fucking saved her life." Andrew said. But he didn't press on.

Brianna walked in the room. He didn't have to look at her to realise that. With the sound of her heels against his floor and the strong smell of perfume, he could tell it was her.

"Boss wants to meet you...Mr Sebastian. " Brianna said.

Sebastian's head jerked up.

Mr Sebastian?

She looked at her feet and didn't look at him.

Andrew looked just as confused as he was.

Sebastian got up and left the room. He didn't understand why Brianna was acting that way. Maybe she heard about his little scene. Maybe she was jealous? But why would she be? They had both realised that they didn't like each other.

He reached his father's room. The boss' room. He fucked up this time. But the weird thing was he didn't regret it. And if it happened again, he would still do the same thing. If not earlier.

He knocked on the door.

"Enter."

He was expecting his father to be mad. Instead, his father was quite happy. He was smiling too. That was something Sebastian hadn't seen in 15 years.

It was scary. Unnatural.

"Do you remember what day it is tomorrow?" The boss asked making himself a drink.

"No, sir. I don't." Sebastian replied. Sebastian didn't even know what day it was, let alone what tomorrow was.

"Don't call me sir. I'm your dad." He said looking around at him.

Sebastian blinked. He's lost it, Sebastian thought.

That was the only explanation.

"Uh...sir...dad... are you alright?" Sebastian asked.

"Of course I'm alright. Tomorrow's your birthday." He replied.

Sebastian was taken back at the fact that his father remembered. That must be hard to understand but if you had a father who never looked at you as a son but only as an agent, you would understand.

"Right," Sebastian replied, having absolutely no idea why his father was telling him this.

"Are you all prepared?" He asked sitting down.

"Prepared for what?" Sebastian asked.

"For your marriage Of course."

*****

That's why Brianna was acting strangely. She felt guilty and sad.

Sebastian knocked on her door.