Chapter 18

Abbie's POV. (2days later)

Heather and Rose were at the park with Jonathan and Jordyn. I had to stay at home because I was coming down with a cold. My temperature was going up and my nose was running. The tissue box was currently my best friend.

I was on my phone, scrolling down my timeline, when a certain tweet caught my attention. "omg they're so cute together... But I still wish he was with Abbie. #Nabbieforever". A picture was attached.

My breath caught in my throat. This tweet was clearly about Niall with another girl... Since when does Niall have a girlfriend? Did he seriously move on from me that fast? Should I click the picture to see who is the girl?

I clicked on the picture and gasped, my eyes widening. It was a collage of Niall and Miranda Cosgrove. A picture of them laughing together, one of them smiling sweetly to each other, and one of them holding hands.

I bit my lip, my heart pounding in my chest as anger and sadness overtook me. Anger because we talked yesterday on Skype and he didn't even mention her to me. Sadness because he moved on from me so quickly.

My eyes started watering up against my will. I shouldn't be crying over this, I wanted this anyways, right? I wanted to take things slow and wait until he came back, right?

But the ache in my heart told me that no, that's not what I wanted at all. I wanted to be Niall's girl, the one that he would be in love with, that he would spend his time with....

I groaned and slammed my face in the sofa cushions as tears ran down my cheeks. I should've agreed to be Niall's girlfriend the first time he asked. Now he's moved on, and I might just have lost him for good.

••••

Niall's POV.

"I was thinking we could go out to watch a movie tonight?" Miranda proposed tentatively.

Somebody knocked on the door of my hotel room, and I frowned. I wasn't expecting anyone.

"Just a second Miranda, there's someone at the door"

I unlocked the door and opened it, only to see a worried looking Harry, who had his phone in his hand. "We need to talk Niall" he mouthed. I frowned.

"Umm Miranda? Yeah I'll call you later. Bye"

I hung up and stuffed my phone in my pocket before opening the door wider for Harry. "What's up mate?"

He walked into my room and turned to face me. "Abbie is really upset"

My breath caught in my throat for a moment. "What? Why? How do you know?"

"Heather and Rose went out with the twins, and when they came back she was crying on the couch and they didn't know why... She wouldn't tell them... But then Rose took her phone and saw a picture that she opened on Twitter of you and Miranda" he said slowly, avoiding eye contact. "Heather texted me. They're really worried about her. She's a mess"

"Damn" I muttered, closing my eyes. I forgot to tell her. Now she probably won't believe me when I tell her the truth...

"I think you should tell her" Harry added, as if he'd read my mind.

"But how am I supposed to tell her?"

"I don't know mate, how do you think you should tell her?" he asked.

"I don't think I should tell her at all" I said quietly, a bit unsure of his reaction.

I'd given this a lot of thought, and I've come to realize that for things to be okay between us, I'll have to make Abbie think the same as everybody else... That Miranda and I are really going out. Even if that's a lie. It's the best way to help the both of us move on, at least until we can really go out properly.