Chapter Twenty-seven - Family Members

Song of the chapter - Let me down slowly by Alec Benjamin

Blair

"How about this one?" Negan said to us both as he walked up to the room he hasn't yet, explored. "Oh, it's just a water heater." "Are you serious, kid? Come on." Carl had tried to stop him from entering the room but he had just flung the door open to reveal Judith in her cot, standing and staring at the three of us. 

"Oh, ho, my." Negan said as he examined the child, clinging onto her rabbit teddy, minding her own little business. Negan held the bat in front of Carl and he slowly removed it from Negan's hand for him. Negan started to slowly walk up to Judith and I felt my knees shake with my hands.

"Look at this little angel. Oh." Negan cooed at Judith and snaked his hand on her back, lifting her out of her cot. Judith didn't care or mind but me and Carl were thinking so much different. He started to bounce Judith in his arms, still smiling at her. 

//////////////////////////

Me, Carl, Judith and Negan were sat on the porch in some beach chairs. Negan was still clinging onto Judith, playing with her like he wasn't some kind of criminal of a sort. "Oh, this little girl is precious." Negan said as Judith laid her head on his chest. Suddenly, a man from beside our house walked out and Negan flashed a smile and a wave at him. 

"Hey, neighbor. Why don't you come by later? We might grill out. Oh, I like it here. Mm-hmm. I might just have to stay here. You know, I was thinking about what you said earlier, Carl. Maybe it is stupid keeping you and your dad alive. I mean, why am I trying so hard? Maybe I should just bury you both down in one of those flower beds. Huh? And then I could just settle into the suburbs. What do you think about that?" Negan started talking to Judith, making sure he faced her. 

He leaned in playfully and kissed her little lips gently but it still made me sick to my stomach. I knew he wouldn't do anything bad to Judith because she's only wee but I'm only seventeen and look what he done to me a week ago. 

////////////////////////

Me and Olivia stayed in the kitchen as lunch was cooking for me, her, Judith, Carl and Negan. I bounced Judith on my hip as Olivia mixed the mince up. "We have to do something, we can't let him take over this place, us, Judith, Carl and yo-" "-It's too late. He's my dad. He already has." I said back to Olivia and looking over to him and Carl. 

Carl had an apron wrapped round him as he set out the cutlery for us all. "Just forget it and play by his rules." I said as Judith lightly snored in my ear. I walked over to the worktop and grabbed the jug of lemonade for Negan and us. 

I walked over to the table and stood there as Negan lifted his glass up, motioning me to pour his drink like some bitch. I sighed and poured his drink for him, earning a few chuckles from him. Olivia then walked over with bread and some spaghetti, putting it on the table. I sat down across from Carl as Judith was still asleep in my arms. 

Negan's fingers tapped on the oak wood of the table, creating some sort of tension between us all. "I'm not waiting for your dad anymore. I don't know where the hell he is, but Lucille... is hungry." Negan said and silence then filled the room, once again. He picked up a napkin and tucked it into his shirt, making sure not to get any food down himself. 

"Carl, pass the rolls..." Negan said, looking at Carl but he just sat there, staring at him, with no emotion at all. "... Please." He finished his sentence and with that, Carl picked up the basket of rolls and handed them over to him while Negan had a massive grin on his face.