chapter 5 - edited

Alex p.o.v.
I yawned, looking at the excited Beth beside me; We were in a random clothes store. I wasn't familiar with stores here, but Marcus said I should have my own clothes, but I was still trying to wake up; I had been awoken and sent straight out.

"This is cute. Oh, this is cute too. Which one do you like?" Beth stated, picking up two floral tops and putting each in front of her as if she were the test dummy.

" they're nice, but I was thinking some darker long-sleeve tops plus some sweatpants and jeans," I was uncomfortable adding, " and some underwear and bras."

" your fashion choices suck, no offense," she snickered.

Laughing, I pulled out a dark grass green long-sleeve with a minor v-cut. " I like this type."

" no designs?" She asked.

I shook my head no

.

.

.
We grabbed a few more clothes, checked out, and walked to Beth's car, a Honda Civic that looked brand new. Once inside the car, it felt like no time before we were back at the pack house.

Marcus with Kyle on their front porch talking, leaning against the railing, the car stopped, and the stretch of my legs kicked in. I instantly stretched. "Alex," Marcus's voice rang, followed by footsteps and a light breeze. My head snapped up to meet his gaze. He was now beside me, standing next to the car. "how was shopping?" he asked, fidgeting with his hands.

"it was fine. We got some clothes," I stated. The air felt awkward, like static.

"Good, I'm glad," he smiled weakly. " Let's get you inside, and Beth, I need to discuss the full moon party arrangements with you."

"Full moon party?" The questions and comments kept falling out of my mouth before I could shut up.

" It's a wolf celebrating their wolf; the whole pack run in wolf form, well, the mated ones," he stated.

" What about the unmated ones?" I asked.

"They're chained up so they don't stray from their future mate or couples waiting to officially intimately mate may restrain themselves. I am one," He stated matter-of-factly.

"Oh," I shifted uncomfortably

" you should prepare for the symptoms," he said

"Symptoms?" I felt clueless, but the only things I get on the full moon are what Cleo brings, so shifting, more emotions, and higher Feral behavior.

"I'll have Beth explain tonight. I don't want to make you uncomfortable. Let's get inside." he smiled before I followed him into the house. The Packhouse was way livelier than before; people in and out, some stopping to talk to Marcus for a moment. Most threw out terms I wasn't familiar with, so I zoned out of the conversations.

" there you go," a voice rang, scaring the hell out of me; she sat down a tray covered with snacks. "here is the graham cracker sandwich platter. Tyler and Kyle are grabbing the snacks, platters, and drinks, non-alcoholic and alcoholic, of course." In a queue, the boys came through the door, Josh holding the beer cooler and soda pops, plus Kyle holding stacks of food trays "set them on the table." Beth bounced over to me and Marcus, where we were standing in the living room, coming from, I presume, some door around the back of the house with Josh and Kyle. " so what are you guys up to, Alex? You should show him the clothes we bought."

"not right now, Beth," Marcus replied

" come on, please." a frown framed her lips

" I can try on one if you want, Beth" I caved