8. maze

Several days had passed since the weekend that I hung out with Bakugo. Since then we had texted a lot more- to the point where Dad would see me on my phone, groan, and then go complain to Mom. Despite the fact that we had been texting I was noticeably avoiding him in school. It's not that I didn't want to talk to him. I really enjoyed the conversations we had over text just...

REAL FACE TO FACE CONVERSATION IS HARD.

Not that a lot of talking could happen. Dad's teaching didn't leave a lot of time for chatting- the only time available for talking was lunch and even then I was so busy stuffing my face we didn't have time to talk.

Currently, all of us were packed onto a bus heading to the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, USJ. I didn't get nearly enough sleep to properly function so I was slowly drifting off. That is until someone started screaming and it became impossible to even think of the word sleep without getting a headache. I leaned forward and rubbed my temple with my fingers.

This small action attracted the attention of several people- Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki being the ones who looked the most concerned. Bakugo leaned down and hesitantly put a hand on my back, his palm barely touching, hovering as if afraid to hurt me. I looked up at him as he struggled with words face contorting in thought. Was he that worried?

"You look like you just got hit by a fucking dump truck do you need headache medication or something?" Of course, that's what Bakugo would say. What was I expecting? I raised an eyebrow and sighed, shooing him away dramatically like the drama queen I aspire to be at all times.

"You mean you can't hear them?" I gestured to the rest of the bus that had been getting steadily louder as time went on. It would only be a few more minutes until someone started playing music from 2014, or some unfortunate kid got hit with a water bottle. But you know it's just a normal class bus ride. I was seriously terrified for the rest of the world when this bunch of eccentric idiots became heroes.

By the time we got half way to the USJ training facility, the class had started singing camp songs. Of course, I joined in- not singing along with everyone is publicly outing yourself as a loser. Especially after everyone starts singing Party in the USA not liking the song is no excuse to not sing it, you'll be publicly outed as a loser. The only time I want to be seen as a loser is in the comfort of my own home. Some people who didn't care what others thought of them *cough* Bakugo *cough* didn't sing. I applaud those people for being that fearless.

The class continued to get louder, it wasn't even singing at this point we were screeching out the words to twinkle twinkle little star like our lives depended on it. Someone had pulled out a phone and was finding the instrumental versions to all the songs we were singing. The water bottle that was being thrown earlier had flown out the window. I continued to sin- screech my brains out while watching Dad who looked like he could keel over and die.

As soon as the bus lurched to a stop everything went back to normal. Immediately everyone stood up and started pushing and shoving to get off. Thank god I was sitting next to Bakugo as his intense glare made it very easy for both of us to get out of the bus.

"They're loud? You screamed my fucking ears off." He groaned as we got off the bus rolling his eyes cracking a small smile. I laughed and blushed a bit, not exactly sure what to say. He was right after all, I didn't hold back when it came to wheels on the bus.

"FORM A LINE." Dad cut off our conversation trying desperately to get the class to calm down. I couldn't blame them, I was also very excited to go to USJ.

After a quick introduction to what we would be doing, everyone started to split up and form small groups. I was walking toward Bakugo when a sudden gust of wind hit me.

Strange, I thought we were inside?

Turning to look out at the facility I could see several portals opening up in the main square. I wasn't the only one noticing the situation, several other students were watching the spectacle with amusement.

"Wow UA really goes above and beyond."

"Whoever is making all those must be super powerful."

"Is there another pro hero here?"

Suddenly someone stepped out of one of the portals, more excited gasps were heard from the class. As people filed out of the portals uncertainty clouded my mind. I looked over at the pro hero 13 who was overseeing our visit to USJ. They stood looking at what was happening with confusion. This was definitely not planned. I looked at Dad who was already rushing forward to deal with the situation. Worry was displayed clearly on his features. I froze up. Fear took control of my body too easily, I was stuck in place wide-eyed and terrified of the people flooding out of the portals. U

Torn clothing, hunched over figures, leering smiles.

All things heroes tried hard to avoid.

All characteristics that were associated with villains.

13 pushed us to the door, I tripped and fell. Stumbling onto my feet I felt a hand pulling me up and dragging me forward. Was Bakugo always going to come up out of nowhere and drag me away from conflict? Do you get some kind of sixth sense once you find your soulmate? I felt lost and scared as panic continued to course through my veins like some kind of drug.

    My train of thought was broken by a sudden gust of cold air that hit my face. A villain made of black mist had blocked our way out. More fear. Bakugo and Kirishima who was standing next to me rushed forward phasing through the villain. Fear rushed through me in a big burst as I reached out to stop them. From trying a second time. My hand fell short and I stood stuck in my place as they disappeared into the black mist once more.

Just as 13 was about to do something the villain released long tendrils of black mist that absorbed the class. For a second the fear the consumed me broke I almost fell onto my knees before coming to my senses and evaluating the situation. I reached forward yanking Bakugo away from the villain. Within an instant, I couldn't see anything and felt suffocated by the dark.

    Warm arms surrounded me in a protecting embrace, my vision cleared and ringing filled my ears. The ground that we were standing on before was gone and I found myself falling from the sky, down into the training facility. I wrapped my arms around Bakugo pulling him closer to me like a security blanket as the ground got closer. From somewhere in the distance a loud distorted voice started talking.

    "Greetings. We are the League of Villains. Forgive our audacity, but... today, we've come here to U.A. High School—this bastion of heroism... to end the life... of All Might, the Symbol of Peace."

    I shut my eyes and continued to fall.

___________________________
The convention was awesome. I saw an All Might beating up a pikachu and soooo many Todoroki's like what the heck dude they were just taking selfies together. At one point like ten of them were walking together and screaming.

Sorry for taking so long to update.

-Ai