NAOMI (Iselen P.O.V)

- It's huge – I whisper while we walk slowly along the stone tiled path among ancient trees with lanterns hanging from their branches. There's a beautiful bridge made of red painted wood at the bottom of the garden contrasting with some violet wisterias that grow both sides on the little stream, the scene is reflected on the river like a painting. The colour scheme must be amazing under the sunlight... at night, under the moon and the stars, this garden seems like an enchanted place where fairies live.

- It is. Our garden has three lakes connected by bridges and wide streams, fountains and waterfalls, that follow Feng shui's principles – I stare at my hostess confused and she smiles before explaining it – We think that people should live in harmony with their natural environment but things must be placed in a very specific way in order to let the energy flow freely.

- I understand – Naomi looks at me doubtfully but it's true that I understand her. When I'm gathering energy to cast a spell I've realized that it's easier to find it in some areas and that sometimes energy finds obstacles in its way to me. Ruby is showing me where the suitable places to find more energy are but if it's true that you can place things around you in a way that makes it flow better... this is something that the Sorceress should study, no doubt.

- There're some plants and trees that are common in all the gardens throughout the country like cherry trees, azaleas, iris, peonies, lotus flowers or water lilies. But my dad has also been bringing plants and seeds from all the countries he's visited. Most of our social life is built around the gardens and that's why you can find little temples, overlooks, gazebos and benches... or you can float a boat on the lake and have some musicians performing for you; we walk through the gardens, we eat in the gardens, we hold parties in the gardens, we read in the gardens... we spend more time outdoors than inside the house. Even in winter... gardens are beautiful when it's snowing.

- It makes sense – I answer stopping in the middle of a wooden bridge, I can see several trees across the lake with leaves in different shades of green, red and orange that complement each other very well – This place seems like a work of art, I'd live outdoors everyday too.

- Another characteristic of our gardens is that they're always full of life: you can find frogs, peacocks, coloured carps in the lake and all types of birds... Of course, it takes years of hard work for a garden to become perfect and my dad's the best because he's been taking care of this one for centuries.

- He must be very proud of this place. I thought that the gardens of Madhya Royal Palace were the most beautiful I'd ever seen till now but this garden is way better, that's for sure.

- Are you coming from Madhya? – I nod in response – I've been there once long years ago... I think... time goes by differently for us and all days seem the same. Anyway, I mostly remember the hot weather but you're right, gardens were amazing and above all the flowers: very big and with bright colours. The crown prince used to give me tons of flowers as a present.

- Madhya's prince gave you flowers? – I ask confused... it can't be Nandi, he's too young...

- Yes, he was a lovely young boy. We had a... what to call it... summer fling. Yes, that's what it was.

"Oh my God, oh my Dog, oh my God..." my head's spinning while Naomi's words start making sense in my brain. "Ruby!!!" I yell inside my mind as loud as I'm able. I've barely had time to blink when the Sorceress comes walking through the path, pretending that she doesn't have a care in the world when she joins us on the bridge. However, she stares at me perplexed raising an eyebrow taking advantage of the moment when our hostess is busy throwing some bread crumbs to the carps. She stayed with Tian and Akira drinking some tea on the veranda when we finished dinner while Naomi insisted on showing me the garden and lakes. I must have scared her half to death calling her like that and I have no idea what excuse she's given to her table mates before coming running but I don't care. I point with my head at the girl opening my eyes wide at the same time but Ruby stares at me even more confused than before.