Restless soul

Chapter 23: Restless soul

Arnav was constantly mumbling and fidgeting his head left and right. Getting worried, khushi came close and patted his back to make him calm but nothing is affecting. He was getting out of control and upon that his fever not reducing.

''Hey devimaiya..what should I do now? Arnavji please shant ho jayiye?'' For once she thought to call muskaan but looking at the time its not a good idea to disturb her in the midnight. Just then she remember about that medicine and When she was about to got up, he held her hand in a firm grip.

''Don't go..don't leave me alone..everyone go away and now yo-..'' She emotionally hug him and rub his back to console him. He encircle his hand around her back and his other hand touch her swollen belly for support.

''I don't want to loose my family once again.''. Unleashed tears rolled down his cheeks. He closed his eyes and grabbed her in a way as if she would disappear if he leave her for a second. She don't knew what has happened to him suddenly.

''Arnavji..'' she called softly. He didn't say a word and keep holding her near his heart.

''I will not go anywhere..'' She whispered  but he was in no term to let her go. blood flushed her veins by their close proximity and unknowingly she was feeling butterflies inside her.

''Hum apse vada karte hain..hum apko chodke kahi nahi jayenge..'' (I promise i will never go leaving you alone..'' She look back into his almond brown eyes that turn red in pain.

''No..i don't deserve anyone..every single person that is close to my heart left me..my anj-'' He stopped and she broke off hearing MY ANJALI from his mouth. Who is anjali? Her mind was screaming for answer. She felt jealous but instantly jerk those feelings from her mind and look away.  She wasn't supposed to think in that way. She wanted to ask him who is she and what relation she share with him that he keep remembering her. She noticed whenever he utter that name, his voice got thick with pain. Who is she? She cannot help without asking. He weakly smiled and touched her face. Currently both are lying on the bed facing each other.

''Anjali..she is my jaan..i love her so much..'' he slightly smile. She swallowed the sharp pain against her throat. And you know anjali and I..''

''Enough arnavji...'' She shouted furiously and then retaliated back. She realized he was unwell and not in his proper senses and this is not the right time to overreact and why should I react? why I m feeling bad? khushi kya ho gaya hain tujhe? Everything is beyond her endurance.
She stare at arnav who had his eyes close and then his hand that is clutching her palm closer to his chest. Time goes on and sooner she drifted to sleep.

Next morning, arnav open his eyes and saw his pregnant lady sleeping on his chest. The room was partially dark and sun-rays was disturbing her nape. Carefully he got up and close the curtain that is troubling her beautiful sleep. Khushi got frightened by his absence and quickly got up.

''Arnavji..'' She turned to the other side and saw his piercing gaze on her. She blushed and tucked her hair strands. Damn why I m blushing? She scolded herself and jerk back into present. He watch her murmuring something with amused expression.

''Tum theek ho?'' Arnav keep looking her and pondering words but nothing made sense. She got up and went to touch his forehead.

''You still have fever..!'' she forcefully dragged him toward the bed.

''Khushi I m alright..you don't need to worry..'' He tried to restrain.

''Shut up Mr raizada..i knew how strong you are and that i have seen last night..'' she brought glass of plane water and medicine close to his mouth and commanded him stubbornly to slip it without any argument. He eyed her doubtfully.