Chapter 25

Connor's POV

I opened my eyes. I was back and I was fine. I didn't know what to do. I hurried out of Cyberlife and I debated on where to go. I decided to go to Hank's house. I hurried to get there. 

Soon enough, I arrived. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell.

"Lieutenant?" I called. The door opened.

"Connor? What are you doing here? We got another case or somethin'?" He asked.

"No, I...I need your help." I said. He looked skeptical, but he let me in. We sat down on his couch.

"So what's going on?" He asked. I thought about where to start.

"Well, I went to check on (Y/n) last night to see if she was handling the events with her brother's okay." I began.

"Okay." Hank said, listening.

"When I got there I knocked and rang the doorbell and soon Zane answered. I asked him if it would be alright for me to speak with (Y/n). He told me she wasn't home at the time. I asked where she was and he said none of them knew. He told me she had gotten into a fight with Scarlett, ran to her room, and then just left. She was supposed to be back by dawn is what her father told her, but Zane said they didn't know if she would uphold to his expectations."

"Alright, so why do you need help? Is she missing?" Hank asked.

"I'm getting to that." I replied. "Zane told me a few possible locations she would go to. I went to one of the tallest towers in Detroit."

"She does love great views. Makes sense." Hank said.

"When I arrived I heard her singing. I didn't say anything because I wanted to listen. Her song was more...grim. By the end of it she was very close to the edge of the roof." I explained.

"Wait, what? Connor what are you saying?" Hank asked, alarmed.

"I talked to her and I convinced her to come with me back to her house. At least, that's what I thought I had done. She raced toward the edge the moment I turned around. I was fast enough to stop her, but she kept trying to jump." I said.

"What!? She tried to kill herself!?" Hank yelled.

"I stopped her from jumping, but she had a gun with her. I directed the first shot away from her body, but she fought me for possession of the gun. It went off and it hit me. It's kind of blurry from there, but I remember most of it. I collapsed and I remember her trying to help me. She was crying. She looked terrified. She told me she was sorry. I tried to explain to her that I would be alright, but I was shutting down. The last thing I remember was her yelling something. Three words. She yelled...'I love you'." I said. Hank looked stunned.

"All be damned..." He said. "Do you know if she's okay?" He asked.

"I don't think she did anything to harm herself. It seemed unlikely by how she was acting. I haven't seen her since I shut down." I explained. He nodded.

"I don't think she did anything crazy either, but...holy shit Connor. I come to the door and you pile all of this onto me." He said. I thought about it.

"Lieutenant?"

"Yeah?"

"What did she mean on the rooftop?" I asked.

"About what?" 

"What did she mean by...'I love you'. I've heard the word 'love' before, but I don't understand what it is." I said. 

"You seriously haven't figured it out yet Connor?" Hank said.

"No. Is this something I should know?"

"Connor, love is an emotion. It's something you feel towards someone else." He explained.

"What type of emotion?" I asked.

"*Sigh* It's when you care about somebody so much that you'd do anything to keep them safe or happy. You'd give anything for them. You want to be with them. You want to take care of them. You want to make them happy. They make you happy too. Most the time just seeing that person makes you feel better. If somebody loves you, it means they care about you a lot more than almost everything else. I don't know how else to explain it Connor. It's like (Y/n) and her siblings. They're always there for each other and when something happens to one of them, it effects all of them. Like how her brothers just died. She'll never see them again. That made her so upset she tried to commit suicide. Do you get it?" He asked. 

"I..I believe so." I said. I thought about it. Was that it? Love? Was that the weird feeling I got around her? 

"We'd better go find her." Hank said.

"I will go. I have to speak with her about what happened." I said. He nodded.

"Yeah. That's probably the best idea." Hank agreed. "And Connor?"

"Yes Lieutenant?" I asked.

"Make sure she's alright. She trusts you. She...really cares about you. Just, be careful about what you say to her. She could be pretty emotional seeing you after what happened." Hank said. I nodded.

"I understand." I replied.

"Go find her then. See ya late Connor." Hank said.

"Goodbye for now, Lieutenant." I replied and left.

(Sorry this one is shorter. The last one was kind of long so I hope that makes up for it. I hope yals are enjoying! Make sure to lemme know! This is Spiritwing howling a goodbye for now! Author AHWOOOOOOT!)