Chapter forty

sorry I haven't updated lately, been busy with school and all that but I am back x

"I am going to miss you" Ryder says before kissing my forehead and hugging me.

"Me too, But I will see you in five days" I smile at him while lifting my head up to meet his eyes.

Since he was much taller than me I always had to lift my head and then tilt it a little to meet his gaze.

The last call for Ryder's flight by his body guard made me move away from him.

"Well have fun, bye" I say before he smiles at me, I smile back at him before he grabs my hand and yanks me to his lips.

This kiss is so passionate, filled with love and emotions, and it made me feel so guilty.

"Bye" He says before us both have one finally hug and then he leaves to go into his private jet.

I watch his jet fly away before Mia texts me to hurry up and get in the car.

I quickly get in and Mia is there making out with Dan in the back seats, I roll my eyes before sitting into the car and starting the engine.

I drive away slowly before sighing, I had to take the money or my brother's life is over.

***

"Hey Addison" Cindy makes me jump as I am on my phone and didn't even hear her knock on my door and then just open it.

"Oh, hey Cindy how are you?" I ask with a smile, she smiles back at me before replying.

"I am good, how are you?" She asks me I move my hair off my shoulders before replying.

"Fine, so what's up?" I ask before she sits across from my desk.

"Okay, so I want to break up with my boyfriend but I don't know how to let him down easy"

She says as she twirls her hair around the finger.

God help me.

"Oh, well I would let him down easy I guess, I am terrible at this stuff I had never had a boyfriend before Ryder" I say before she stares at me shocked.

"But you're so beautiful, anyway okay I will try that, I better go now thanks" She says before leaving.

I smile and roll my eyes and laugh before she closes the door with a chuckle, I am glad I now had Cindy as a friend around the office for now.

Once everyone had left it was time, I sighed before grabbing my things and then walking into Ryder's office, I used the lock that I had for his office before opening it and slowly walking in.

I made sure no one was looking before doing the safe combination.

Once the combination is unlocked I slowly grab the money out with tears in my eyes.

I quickly stuff it in my bag before walking out quickly, I step out of the elevator and don't even acknowledge Cindy as I walk out, I don't deserve friends after what I just did.

I slowly step into a taxi before driving home in tears.

Once I get home I am relieved Mia isn't hear, I just want to be alone right now.

I slide down the door in tears before staying like that for a few minutes, I finally decide to sit up and head into the shower.

Once I am done I dry myself, dry my hair before doing my makeup, I step in black skinny jeans, a black top with a black leather jacket.

I put on black knee high boots before grabbing my bag and slowly walking out.

I waited until it was dark before sneaking out of the apartment, I walk to the address my father texted me before making sure the gun was still in my bag.

I don't play by the rules with the devil.

Once I am there I stand there carefully and before I am even alone for one minute my father appears with a smug look on his face, and my eyes widen when I see Jacob tied to a chair that he dragged.

I look away as my eye tear up and the sight of my brother, he has bruises and in his eyes he is hurting everywhere.

"My money now" he says before I get out of my bag and throw it at him.

He smirks at me before throwing the chair over to me.

"Jacob, Oh my god" I say before hugging him.

I remove the cloth from his mouth and untie him quickly.

"Now listen, I have one more thing to do" He says before holding up a gun.

"NO" I say before moving him out the way.

All of a sudden blood seeps through my hands from Jacob's shirt.

Oh no.

"Jacob?" I ask my voice cracking.

He turns to me and I notice he has been shot in the heart, he gives me a small smile before whispering.

"I love you Addy, be strong don't let him win, it's my time to die but not yours" he says before he closes his eyes and stops breathing.

"Oh my god" I say letting the tears stream down my face, I failed my only brother.

"Bye" He says before sprinting away.

"Fuck" I say before hugging my dead brother's body.

I lay there with Jacob for about an hour crying until there is no energy left in me.

After a while I silently walk to a lake while carrying my brother's body struggling.

I kiss his forehead before slowly putting his body in the lake, I watch him drift away before sinking.

After he is out of my view I sigh and walk to my apartment with tears streaming down my face.

As I get home Mia looks at me worriedly.

"Hey are you okay" She asks before hugging me.

"No" I say before crying in her arms.

"It's okay tell me what happened" she says before I tell her the whole story, I don't stop crying for the whole thing.

"I am so sorry" She says as she cries now.

We both hug eachother and cry before I leave and go to my room.

I change into my pyjamas before crying against the wall.

I don't deserve anything, happiness, Ryder, or life.

Question of the day:

How sorry do you feel for Addison?

What would you do if you were in her position?