The Fifth Part

(hope you like my aesthetics above ^^)

Alec leaned closer to my face. My heart started to beat faster and I willed my face not burn and to stay confident. He silently smirked and stared at me for a second. His face inched closer. I practically held my breath and told my toes to shut up since I was still practically on my tiptoes. His face inched closer and closer until we were basically a millimeter apart. Of course instead of moving in the slow-mo version that it played in my mind it only went on for about 5 seconds. I  was frozen and he was the one who was making the move.

THEN, my anxiety kicked in and I realized this would have been my first kiss. I feel pressure against my lips close my eyes. It was just a good honest peck. No tongue. Nothing of the French sort. Just a peck and then my toes gave out. My face was burning red and I stared at the floor.  A million thoughts ran through my mind, but also it seemed completely blank. I take a step back and start to apologize. "Tessa," he said in an out of breathe type of way.

I start to apologize and put my head in my hands. Then I felt him remove my hands from my face. I look up at his face and he had a goofy adorable smile on his face. "Sh-Should we finish eating?" I barely manage.

"As long as you actually eat," he teased.

I nod, but before we could walk back to the table a siren blares and red lights started to flicker. People started to gather in vans. "I thought this was a safe haven?"

I let go of Alec's hand and rush over to Violet. Alec checks on the dude, I found out his name was Timothy. Vi looked as confused as I was. I look around for Louie. I found him running into the swarm of zombie's. With a ton of guns and knives. Vi yelled at us to follow her and we all ran into the first truck we saw. This one was lucky a five-seater. Timothy found the keys in the center counsel and sped off. We drove until we found the nearest gas station. Which was over an hour and a half away. We stock up on some food and gas, apparently, Vi knew how to work the register at 7-11. She filled the car and took about five other portable gallons of gas.

So there we were four teenagers with a truck full of gas and a back seat full of gas station candy and snacks. Perfectly normal. We drove without knowing where we were headed. The radio was a bunch of static. Once we reached the city it was in chaos. Buildings burning cars that were driven into things. Everything was just a mess. Timothy decided to park in a random spot and we would take turns keeping watch. Whoever turns it was sat in the driver's seat in case of emergency. It's was cold so Alec decided to move the snacks to his seat and he moved to the middle. I leaned against him and he wrapped one arm around me. I felt like squealing on the inside but stayed silent. I soon dozed off in the warm and comfortable position I was in.

I was the first person awake in the morning apparently I didn't take a shift the night before.  Probably because I'm a shit driver. It's was sunrise and Violet was on her shift, but she fell asleep. I watched the sunrise and it was extremely peaceful. Alec was comfortable and smelled good for the end of the world and for showering in the shit showers at the camp. Of course, my anxiety made tons of butterflies in my stomach. But, my mind was thinking about other things. My mine was thinking that this was going to fast. Hell, the positions we were in was something I only ever dreamed of. So was this going to fast?
I ignored my self-doubt since in moves people will go on dates and have sex right after.  So I ignored myself and just stared out the window. Vi started to stir and cursed to herself. Suddenly we both heard tapping on the back window. I turned around slowly. And screamed because of someone who jumped out.  And then started to laugh. Alec woke up startled and Timothy was dead asleep. The laugh sounded extremely familiar and the door behind the driver's seat, where all the snacks were, open. "You left the doors unlocked?" I hissed.

"Sorry, " Violet said with a shrug.

I look at who opened the door. And standing there with a gun in his pocket and a smug grin on his face was Jackson Jones.

********
Questions?
Comments?
Concerns?

Pls rate and comment. Thanks for reading.