Hey! I can say it! I think..

Shuuichi looked at himself in the mirror. He adjusted the tie of his school uniform. He decided that after school today, he was going to finally confess. Shuuichi closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I..I like you.. I-I like you.. I.. like.. you..!" He kept practicing to himself. "Wait no no! It's too awkward! I'm really useless at this, aren't I..?" Shuuichi then said to himself as he slapped both of his hands on his cheeks. "I-I l-like y-you..! No! That's worse!" He said again with an irritated sigh.

Shuuichi continued to practice to himself, chanting the words to himself like a spell. "I.. I-I like you..! I.." He continued. Shuuichi sighed and looked over to the digital clock on his nightstand as he adjusted his hat. He doesn't have much time, he needs to go to the bus soon. As he ran to the bus, all Shuuichi could do is recall everything until now. How was he able to form a crush on some handsome stranger that's his age that was dared to ask for his number. How he formed a crush so quickly just because of some nice deeds. It sounded silly really, something that Shuuichi didn't expected. He hadn't really had a real crush on someone before, so it confused him even more.

As Shuuichi got on the bus, he hid himself in the crowd. He didn't know if he could stand seeing Rantarou now. He was far too nervous. As Shuuichi struggled to find a seat, he continued to chant the words to himself in his mind. He really didn't want to mess this up. Was Rantarou even here today? Shuuichi looked over for a moment to spot the other standing next to his two friends.

He was wearing a plain light green tank top with a long white sweater over it. The sweater was open and one side slightly drooped below his shoulder. He wore two necklaces, a long crystal necklace and a black choker. He wore white skinny jeans with black high tops. He had one side of his hair tucked behind his ear, revealing five piercings lining around his cartilage and one earring on his lobe. His wrists bearing many bracelets and his fingers bearing many rings. He was always so stylish that Shuuichi couldn't help but to admire it. Then again, it also seemed silly to Shuuichi how he was able to admire almost everything about Rantarou, from his free expression to his warm green eyes and soft green hair, . He felt like one of those shoujo anime protagonists that fell in love with a unrealistically perfect Prince Charming of a boy.

Rantarou was talking to his friends while one earbud was in his ear. From where Shuuichi was standing, it was hard to decipher what they were saying but it didn't seem like much. Thankfully it wasn't anything embarrassing or anything like that big scene from that one day. Shuuichi shuddered just by remembering it, he couldn't believe that someone as small and innocent-looking as Kokichi had such a side to him.

He looked over to see Kokichi now standing on his tip toes, poking at Rantarou's cheek. He was wearing very short, white ripped shorts, black and white striped thigh highs, pink and black high tops, and a white hoodie with cat ears on the hood and 3 pins of different colors on the right side of his chest. He also had a bunch of clips in his hair, two resembling dice while his bangs were held back by three white pins. Next to them stood Kaede wearing a simple sleeveless pink dress with a collar and black bow. She wore black tights and cutesy dark pink shoes. They definitely stood out compared to Shuuichi standing in his plain school uniform. Then again, he preferred it that way, he couldn't stand the attention.

As Shuuichi was about to turn his head away, his phone buzzed.

"Lmao I see you dork!" It simply read.

Crap, of course Kokichi would notice his gaze. Shuuichi did not walk over, he really didn't want to talk to Rantarou. He didn't want to see him until after school, where he could finally get the courage. He felt his face get hot as he remembered the report Kaede gave him. Did Rantarou really view as Shuuichi precious? Did that mean that he found him cute in a way? Does that mean he's attracted to him? Kokichi did tell him that he swings both ways. Shuuichi put his hands over his face as he kept thinking about it. Would Rantarou accept? Would he?

Shuuichi's phone buzzed again. "I SEE YOU NERD, GET OVER HERE!!" it read. Oh dear, how much time did he have left until it was his stop? Shuuichi didn't want to walk over there, he was far too nervous. To be safe, Shuuichi started to move behind more people, accidentally bumping his shoulder against another high school student. "Hey! Watch it!" The other student exclaimed. Due to casual attire, Shuuichi assumed he was a hopes peak student. "S-sorry..!" Shuuichi exclaimed and even bowed his head in mercy. "Tch, whatever." The boy simply grumbled, green eyes looking away in annoyance. With his spiky brown hair, tanned skin, and attitude, he sort of resembled a grumpy porcupine.

When the bus stopped and the Saishuu building was visible, Shuuichi immediately rushed out of the bus. He was grateful that he was able to escape that encounter. He felt his face burn up again, oh curse his feelings! Why did it have to be this way? At the same time, Shuuichi felt himself smile like a complete goon, knowing that there's hope in those feelings being mutual.

————————————-

"Pff did you see him? I tried to call him over but he just refused!" Kokichi said with an amused tone. "Maybe he has something in mind?" Rantarou suggested. "Yeah totally, by ogling at you for about what? 10 minutes?" Kokichi grinned and Rantarou flicked his forehead, causing the smaller boy to flinch and put his hands over his forehead. Kaede looked away, she looked like she wanted to say something but wasn't sure if it was right to say it. She just kept to herself instead.

"Akamatsu?" Rantarou asked as he looked at her face deep in thought. "I was just wondering why you ran off yesterday.." she answered as she crossed her arms in thought. Rantarou tensed before looking away, it was clear he had no answer. "Were we embarrassing you~?" Kokichi said with a mocking tone and Rantarou clicked his tongue. "Like hell you were. You were just being annoying and I felt that I needed to leave. B-besides one of my sisters was there so uh I have an excuse..!" Rantarou scrambled. Kaede blinked. This was the first time she saw Rantarou like this. The first time she saw him speak so quickly and panicky with a warm, red face.

"Suuuureee~" Kokichi sneered, clearly being able to sleuth into the lie. "Let it go Ouma-kun, I'm sure he'll admit it soon." Kaede said calmly. "A-admit what?" Rantarou asked, the panic on his face visible once again. What really got over him? Why is he so flustered now? "Nevermind." Kaede said with a dismissive shake of her head. Maybe she shouldn't instigate and wait for it to happen.

All she can do is have hope in Shuuichi.