Chapter Eleven| Did he just try kiss me?

"There's something 'bout you

That's got me

That's got me dazed and confused

From the day I met you"

-Ruel

Status: unedited

I ran down the stairs, my converse scuffing against each step causing an echo throughout my quiet house.

This morning I had made sure to get myself up early and attempt to be organised, I think my attempt was successful as it's only eight and I'm completely ready.

Not bothering to have breakfast, I walked out the front door and as expected, Taylor was waiting in the driveway but this time she thankfully didn't have a scowl plastered on her face.

I pulled the door open before jumping into the passenger seat then shutting it behind me, "You're early," she said, not bothering to hide the shock in her voice.

"Well after you going psycho the other day, I thought I'd get up early to prevent you yelling again," she rolled her eyes at my comment, continuing to drive.

"I'll tell you about it another time, it's nothing bad." She gave me a smile, I could tell it was fake though, it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"I'm here whenever you want to talk," I reassured her, she gave me an appreciative smile.

After an abbreviated period of time we, unfortunately, arrived at school, she parked her small car in a car park before we hopped out.

I noticed her gaze frozen on a specific place, more so a specific person, I couldn't tell why she was looking so hurt or lost. I looked in the direction she was looking, near the steps, the popular group were crowded around the steps, a few cheerleaders leaning against the railing on each side of the stairs, a few jocks staring at their exposed legs and lack of clothing.

Seated on the steps was Blake, I clenched my fists as I noticed he had a girl on his lap, more specifically, Avery and just to make it even worse, there was some other random cheerleader next to him, twirling her ginger hair in an attempt to be seductive.

I directed my gaze back to Taylor who looked like she was trying to keep her hardest to keep herself together, "Tay, are you alright?" I pulled her out of her thoughts.

Almost in an instant, she covered any previous emotion relevant on her features, "Totally!" she smiled, the corners of her lips curling up into a sickly fake smile.

I'm not falling for it this time.

"Why is there a chick on your boyfriend's lap?" she bit the inside of her cheek as if she didn't know what to say.