26 | The Librarian Is A Bad News

| ©Reandayo - 27 June 2018 |
| Happy birthday to me (‘∀’●)♡|

Meanwhile—

"Quincy." A middle-aged woman sat gracefully on a sofa, "How's your relationship with the Wellington duke's young miss?"

"We became close friends, mother." The usual carefree and humble young boy was nowhere to be seen, it was replaced by a strict looking young boy with coldness on his eyes.

"Good." His mother smirk, showing her perfectly lined up teeth. "Keep up the good work. This is the only chance for us to climb, don't waste the free given ladder by the naive child."

Quincy's eyes darkened upon hearing her mother's comment, but kept silent.

In Quincy's eyes, Elena was not a naive and inexperienced child, in fact she seems like to have knowledge exceeded her age. That what he sees when she played the violin, that's what makes him interested in her.

However he is not interested in telling this to his mother. His mother, the librarian..

..is a bad news.

"Have you told her about the upcoming music competition?"

"I certainly have, mother." Quincy replied, "She said that she will ask permission from the duke first."

The librarian play the glass of wine in her hand, then she drank for a bit as she set her eyes on her young semi-developed son.

"In your opinion.. will she join?"

Quincy was silent for a moment before he replies, "With the duke's overprotective personality over her, it would be difficult for her to gain permission."

"However, she have the personality of not giving up, she might sneaked out of the house just to compete. But the chances of success are slim.."

The librarian was annoyed by how detailed he is, so she clicked her tongue and ordered, "Cut to the chase."

Quincy nod his head obediently, "There are sixty-four percent chance of her attending as another identity."

"You mean.. she will not compete as the duke's daughter?"

"Yes, mother."

The librarian nodded her head, giving approval to this very intelligent son of hers.

She did not regret on climbing the neighbor country prince's bed and ran away with his child. This royal genes of his is marvelous.

To be honest, the librarian title is too dull for her. But this is the only way for her to receive tickets into socialize with nobles. The library hold many secrets that the nobles gave interest in. The wealthy will pay whatever it means to get into the legendary books. This is her only source of income.

For the competition, she treat it as an investment to gain the Wellington duke's young miss' trust. Unfortunately, unknown to her, Elena has far known and was careful of her in personal.

Elena only treats this as a stepping stone for her to share her songs to the world—to became an artist like in her previous world, although it did not happened to the current her.

So she do not need to worry of the librarian..

But could she?

| AUTHOR NOTE |

Yesterday, my aunt invite me to congratulate a newlyweds at a cafe.

This raised my suspicion, when I asked who, she was silent for a second and told me that I don't have to know who and that it was just a relative of hers.

Oh okay sure, when?

She said tomorrow. Which is today, the day of my birthday.

Oookay, I definitely won't get suspicious. Maybe it's just a way for you to surprise me at my birthday, or maybe the family will wait for me to surprise me.

Cause in my country, celebrating newlyweds is definitely not in the cafe, they will choose their own house or maybe rent a restaurant. Not some cafe.

Hahaha, who am I to judge though.

If it's really a surprise, then when we arrives at the cafe, I will just act like I'm surprised to make them feel like their mission is accomplished. Lol.