The Ceasefire

The night had begun to fill with stars when Nia approached the gates

The night had begun to fill with stars when Nia approached the gates. She could hear the guards alerting others but one voice stood out to her. As his voice filled her ears she couldn't help but wonder if he stayed there since she had left.

Her horse trotted into the gates before stopping allowing her slide off. She help him by the reigns before trying to spot a place to put him. Arms wrapped around her waist as Jade was relieved to see her again.

"What happened?" Bellamy asked as he stood in front of her. He had been waiting anxiously for her return if at all. Jade had even came out halfway though the day and waited with him. Both had been scared to never see the girl again until they spotted the horse coming out of the trees.

"We need to speak with Abby and Kane." She said instead. She needed to tell them all at once so they would all know the situation.

On cue the two walked up to them along with Lincoln and Alec followed shortly by Octavia and Fox. Nia found a place to tie up her horse for the time being while they all went inside to discuss matters.

They entered the Chancellor's office and stood around the room waiting for her to speak.

"I was able to call a ceasefire. This allows you to go beyond your walls without having to face an attack." She began to explain.

"And the clans agreed to this?" Alec question his uncertainty.

"Most deemed it." Nia provided remembering the cold stare that Azgeda sent to her as they left. "Azgeda wasn't too happy to see me let alone provide options for Skaikru."

"The ice nation." The words that Indra had told her popping back into her mind.

"Are they a threat?" Marcus was worried about a clan opposing them.

"The ice nation is ruthless. They don't care about the well-being of another clan beside their own. But among the coalition they have to follow the commander's orders or face her wrath. Azgeda was the reason the coalition was formed." Nia began to inform. "Azgeda was pillaged and raided any land and village. The clans went to the commander for guidance but she offered a solution. Lexa made the clans pledge their alliance to her to help stop a common enemy. The clans united forces against Azegda. This is outraged their Queen, so she decided to take those closest to the commander in order to defeat her. Costia and me."

Everyone listened intently as Nia told them a part of their history.

"She took Costia but couldn't take me. When Costia didn't spill her secrets, she killed her. Cut of her head and sent it to Lexa. When the battle had ended Azgeda was given a choice. Join the coalition. Swear fealty to Lexa or die. They've been trying ever since to oppose her. But with her as commander they don't stand a chance. They will abide the ceasefire."

Marcus and Abby shared a look before nodding. This was the best option for them. This would allow them to gather what the needed and not depend on only two people.