Chapter Twenty-eight - Piece of shit

Song of the chapter - Anchor by Novo Amor

Blair

"We were gonna tell you all but... I only found out today too..." Carl said as he held onto my hand. It was me, Rosita, Carl, Michonne, Aaron, Tara, Eric and Rick. We were all sitting around in our house. Finally, Negan left but he took Eugene with him. We knew it was coming, I mean, they have Daryl so, I guess that's it.

"How long?" Rick asked and looked over to me, waiting for me to answer. "I don-" "-Blair, Just tell me." He interrupted me and I sighed. "A few weeks now." I said to him and he raised a hand to his forehead, rubbing his sweat off of himself. "Maggie, Sasha, Jesus and Enid know so the secrets out. But I will do what it takes to keep her and the person inside of her, safe." Carl said and stared at the people in front of him.

"Carl, I think what your dad is trying to say is that, we don't have many resources to provide for your child. We're running out of food, fast. As long as Negan keeps getting his supplies, we'll be dead by the end of next year." Rosita said and stared at us two. Rosita was wrong because I knew my dad wouldn't let my child die. Because if he did, then we will do something about it.

"Your wrong!" Carl shouted at Rosita and I seen her tense her jaw at him. "Your just angry because you couldn't do anything to save Spencer and no matter what... Negan will keep killing our people and family..." He spat at her and I seen the anger struck on her face as he kept saying those words. Maybe it was int he heat of the moment for Carl because I knew this wasn't him.

"Maybe if we kill something that is so precious to him... He'll stop. And maybe this wasn't just a convenience. His daughter is in this group but maybe she would go... He'll stop." "You know I'm not precious to him. If your were in that RV that night, you would understand but I don't expect you to." I gritted my teeth at Rosita and she stood straight out of her seat, towering over me and Carl.

"You two are just teenagers! Nothing more! If you wouldn't of stepped through the gates of Alexandria, we'd all be alive, so would Glenn and Abe... and Spencer. Daryl and Eugene wouldn't be captive right now either. This all started with you... now, it'll finish with you." "All of you stop. We all get sleep because It's hilltop, first thing tomorrow. Now." Rick said, standing up, grabbing a hold of Rosita's arm to calm her down but she was on one. 

Rosita gave me one last stared before knocking Rick's hand off of herself. "We can get you a doctor at the hilltop Blair. They'll try their best to save you and your child. Same with Maggie. She's safe too." Rick said and I nodded at his words. "But you two should of been more careful... I just wish things were back as they were." Rick said and Michonne laid her hand on his shoulder. "Come on, let's go to bed." Michonne said and me and Carl led everyone out the door. 

As everyone left it was just Tara standing by the door with us. "I'm gonna go up to bed. Be up soon okay?" Carl said and I nodded before he kissed the top of my head, waving goodbye to Tara and going up stairs. I sighed and looked at Tara. "Did you two... intend on having a child?" "Of course not Tara. We should've been more careful, exactly what Rick said. We're just kids... idiots." I said, leaning on the door as Tara eyed me down.

"Even though I wasn't there... In the RV or with you guys. I knew you were strong Blair. Of course, we were all shocked you were Negan's daughter but... You've been through hell, Blair. Now... Now you have something to fight for. A family." Tara spoke and I smiled gently at her. "I have a family. Your my family Tara." I said back to her and she chuckled lightly. "I'm a piece of shit." She replied back to me but my smile then faded.

"What? No, your not. Your not a piece of shit Tara. You have a family that loves you here, Me, Carl, Rick, Michonne, Rosita. I know you blame yourself for Denise dying... You shouldn't. That was all Dwight, not you. I know you thought you could do something but sometimes, things happen for a reason. A reason we can't really explain. But we're all strong, no matter how much Negan brings shit back onto us." I said and I immediately seen Tara's eyes water.

I let go of the door and leaned forward to wrap my arms around her shoulders, making her do the same to my waist. I heard her sigh, shakily into my shoulder so I hugged her tighter. Finally I pulled away and stared at her. "We're all shit people but sometimes people are more shittier." I said and she chuckled. "I guess so. I'll see you tomorrow Blair." "Yeah, goodnight." I said and she walked away back home. 

///////////////////////////

We all walked further up to the gates of the hilltop and I could see a woman stand, watching us from up above. Maybe it was Enid or Maggie? I wasn't 100% sure. "We're gonna get a scan for you while we're here." "What? Seriously?" I asked Carl as he walked beside me. "Yeah, Tara said. We will get you the medicine and everything else. I won't let someone else die, not you or our child." Carl said and I nodded. 

The gates opened for us and I immediately seen Sasha, Maggie, Enid and Jesus. Me, Tara, Rick, Carl, Rosita and michonne all stood beside each other, staring at the survivors in front of us. Rick walked straight up to Maggie and took her into his arms. "Your okay?" He asked her and she nodded. "I'm okay." 

Suddenly, at the side of my eye I seen Jesus and Daryl. Daryl was back and he was safer than ever. Rick immediately let go of Maggie and walked up to Daryl. I seen Daryl's lip quivering and I knew he was about to cry. Everyone was. We were all back as a family. 

I looked over to Maggie and walked straight up to her. Within seconds my arms were wrapped fully around around her as she done the same. "Your safe. As soon as you left with Jesus, Sasha explained that you needed to see Carl, no one else." She said and I pulled away from her. 

"I did. I needed him the most. And your okay?" "I'm fine, Baby, is okay too." She said and I nodded. "Thank god." I sighed and she immediately smiled at me. Daryl caught the side of my eye and he walked up to me so quickly, I thought he was gonna attack me. Instead, he embraced me into his warmth. I hugged him back and sighed into his arms.

"You made it out." I sighed into his shoulder and he pulled away. "I did. Are you okay? How's the baby?" He asked and held onto my shoulders. "I'm fine, the baby is fine. We're all fine..." "But what about your dad we can't let him get away with rap-" "-We have to... There's no other choice Daryl, I'm sorry." I said and felt tears fall off of my cheeks. 

"I can't let him get away with everything he's done to you." "We won't... yet. We will fight."