Chapter 26

You felt so horrible. You didn't know what to do, so you went to the one place that you knew people would never think to look for you. You sat there, tears in your eyes. Nobody was around. Nobody ever came around here. You sat under the tree, alone. You were at one of the less crowded graveyards under the willow tree. It was next to a small pond around a lot of other plants and trees. It was something to liven up the place. You sat under under the willow tree for a good reason. You and your mother used to go there a lot and she'd tell you stories about some of your relatives that were buried in the graveyard. After that, you'd go and visit them at their stones. 

Today, you were visiting her stone. It'd been so long since you'd come here. You hated remembering the times with your mother. It just made you miserable. Your father had made sure she had been buried near the tree. It was a private burial sight. A mini garden within a garden is were she was. It was in a hidden place. Almost nobody knew about it. The people that had buried her there were sworn to secrecy. You doubted they even remembered building the place. It had been about the money your father had offered them for it. He'd done it to honor her. 

To find it, you had to walk through one of the large shrubs in the area. It was actually a shrub wall. There was a hidden spot where you could walk into it. You were still under the willow tree right then, but soon enough you got up and went to visit your mother.

You walked in and knelt down in front of her grave. It was a flattened stone that had your sister's design idea on it. The design was a gun wrapped in a thorny rose vine with the rose coming out of the hole. on the other side of the writing was a heart patterned to look like the United States flag. Around it was a short white metal fence. It was also designed by your sister. 

(That's the pattern

(That's the pattern.)

You were the one who had thought of keeping her grave a secret. Your brothers were the ones who had that one the gun and the flag. Your sister had just made their ideas into her patterns to make it look good. Your father was the one who had thought of the garden. You'd all pitched in to honor your mother. 

You sat there and sighed. You missed her. You missed all of them. You felt so much guilt for everything you'd done. 

"Mom? Are you there?" You began. "I...I don't know what to do. I didn't want to lose anyone else. I know you're probably all happy together, but....I miss Ash and Kent. I promised we'd stay together. I promised I wouldn't let this happen again." You said. "Mom...I didn't mean to do it... What should I do? I have no idea what I'm going to say to him. It's...it's not the same! What if he is different? I...I just can't be with him. I'll screw everything up." You told her, starting to cry again. "I don't know what to do anymore..."

Connor's POV

I went to her house again. I hoped she'd gone back there. I had to talk to her. I had to know if she was alright.

I walked up and rang the doorbell. I waited. Soon, Scarlett answered.

"Connor! Nice to see you again! If you're looking for (Y/n) she's been out all day." 

"Do you know where she is?" I asked. She sighed.

"Yes, but I shouldn't say. That place is...private."

"Please. I have to talk to her. It's about last night." I explained. She sighed.

"I don't know Connor. She came home looking pretty upset. I think she just needs a day alone." Scarlett said.

"Please Scarlett. I have to see her. It's important." I told her. I was never this anxious before. She sighed.

"Alright. She's at the graveyard. She's visiting our mother. Go to the small garden there. I'm sure you'll be able to find her from there." Scarlett said. I nodded.

"Thank you." She gave me a smile and shut the door. 

I began to head for the cemetery. I had never been there before. I was hopeful that I'd be able to find her there, none the less. 

As soon as I arrived I looked for the garden Scarlett had mentioned. I soon found a breathtaking garden in the far corner of the cemetery. It looked even better than the garden Amanda had. I looked around. I spotted something under the willow tree. It was a bracelet. I recognized it. I'd seen (Y/n) wearing it a few days before the fire. I scanned it. It had fallen off very recently. I looked around. I saw a shoe print in some dirt by a shrub. I found a faint, but fresh, trail. I followed it. It lead me into a secret garden and instantly I spotted her. She was sitting in front of a grave. I assumed it was her mother's.

I walked toward her, but she heard me and quickly turned around. She looked shocked to see me.

"C-Connor? H-how did you...how did you find this place? How..how did you find me?" She asked, standing up.

"Your sister told me you were visiting your mother. She didn't tell me about this place, but she told me to look at the garden." I explained. She looked stunned. She turned away from me.

"Just go Connor. I...you shouldn't be here." She said. 

"No." I said. She turned.

"What?" I walked up to her and hugged her.

"I won't leave you alone." I said. She didn't hug back, but I didn't care.

"Why are you here? Connor...I...I killed you." She whimpered.

"No. I'm okay. It wasn't your fault. I should've tried something else. You were hurting, and I didn't understand how bad it was until then." I said.

"Connor...I...I'm so sorry." She said, her voice breaking with grief. She hugged me back tightly.

"(Y/n), may I ask you a personal question?" 

"W-what is it?" I pulled back to look her in the eye.

"Before, you said you loved me. Is that true?" She looked shocked.

"I...I...I mean I...I-I didn't really know what I was saying." She said.

"So you don't love me?" 

"What? No! No, that's not what I meant!" She said quickly.

"So which is it?" I asked. She sighed. 

"Connor...I...I do care about you, but...you have your mission and...I'm just getting in the way. Forget about me. I..I was never the right choice for this." (Y/n) said. I kissed her cheek. Her face burst out red.

"I love you too." She looked shocked. Tears were in her eyes in an instant. She held onto me as tight as she could. I kissed the top of her head. "I love you. I asked Hank what it meant and when he explained it, he described what I feel around you. At first, I wasn't sure if it was true, but I thought about it on my way to find you and I realized that it was more than true. I...I don't know  what is going to happen with us, but I don't want to leave you. I love you, (Y/n)." I said. She smiled at me.

"I love you too Connor." She said.

"I know I'll never be your brothers, but I'll do whatever it takes to take care of you." I promised.

"Thank you. Connor, I don't care what anyone says, you're amazing." I smiled a little.

"You are too." I told her. "Also, you are not messing up the investigation. You're very helpful." She smiled. She kissed my cheek. 

"I love you." She whispered. There was so much emotion behind her words. I knew she meant it.

"I love you too." I replied, giving her another kiss on the cheek as well. I'm a machine...this shouldn't be possible. I thought. Then I smiled as I started to enjoy our peaceful moment together. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that I'm with her now. We're...together.