Halloween P2.

Hey y'all! I just got back from my trip and it was AMAZING!!!! I really needed the break away from everything! Anyway I hope y'all enjoy this!
____________________________
The car ride was silent. Josh was driving of course while Maya insisted that Riley sit up front so she didn't have to see Josh. Riley wanted so badly to talk to you about what she walked in on. Josh couldn't take the silence so finally he reached over and turned the radio on so at least there wouldn't be much silence. When they pulled up to the Matthews apartment Josh put the car in park and unbuckled.

"I'm going to go get Auggie." He said as he got out of the car. As soon as he was out of ear shot Riley turned around in her seat.

"Spill!" She demanded. Maya shrunk down wishing that the car would swallow her whole.

"I don't want to." She said stubbornly. Riley rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Maya! I walked in on you two playing tonsil hockey after you get done telling me that you don't want to be with him!" Riley told her. Maya sighed.

"He kissed me!" She exclaimed. Riley narrowed her eyebrows.

"Is that all?" She asked sarcastically. Maya swallowed hard as she looked out the window.

"I may have kissed him back." She said quietly.

"WHAT!" Riley screamed causing Maya to jump up. "You don't think that little piece of information would have been nice to know! Maya, this is huge!" Riley said. Maya shook her head.

"No, no it's not because nothing is going to come from it!" Maya told her. Riley sighed as she threw her head back.

"Why do you have to be so dang difficult! Just tell him you want to be with him!" Riley told her. Maya shook her head and glared at her.

"No good could possibly come from that." Maya told her. Riley rolled her eyes.

"Maya, let yourself be happy! My God, if it's anyone that deserves that it's you!" Riley told her. "Why can't you see that?" She asked.

"Shut up they're coming." Maya said as she straightened back up. Riley sighed as she turned back around in her seat. Josh opened the back door and let Auggie in.

"I'm, no offense Maya but I would like to sit beside Riley." Auggie said. Maya looked over at Josh and glared as she noticed he was smiling.

"Sure Auggie." She said as she got out of the car. She shut the door as Riley and had gotten out of the passenger seat and switched places with her. "You told him so say that, didn't you?" She asked Josh as he kept the smirk on his face.

"I don't have any idea what you're taking about. I'm sure the kid just misses his sister." Josh told her causing Maya to roll her eyes. Josh went to open the door for her on the passenger side but Maya cut him off with a glare.

"I got it." She told him before opening the door herself and getting into the car. Josh smiled at himself and bit his lip as he practically skipped to the drivers side and got in.

Maya had just buckled herself in when she started to hear Riley and Auggie start talking about his school and what it's like to not have Riley home. Maya smiled as she heard the two siblings talk about how much they missed each other. She wanted that. Josh buckled himself in and started driving to the street that Riley and Maya always went trick or treating on.

Riley and Auggie was laughing and talking in the back seat while it was silence up front. Maya was as stiff as a brick because of Josh not so subtle glances at her. It made her get butterflies when he would look over at her and smile, but she immediately would push those feelings down. It would be selfish of her to act upon them, especially after everything that's happened.

As they kept driving Josh would glance in the backseat and notice that neither Riley or Auggie was looking up front, so he put his hand on the arm rest between him and Maya. Maya looked over at his arm and her breath hitched as it started to get closer. Suddenly Josh put his hand on top of hers that was resting on her lap. Maya couldn't help but have to corners of her lips turn up into a smile before she shook her head of all the thoughts and roughly took her hand out of his. Josh smiled at her action. But because their hands were resting on her lap, Josh's hand fell onto Maya's upper thigh that was being hugged by the leggings and covered by the black dress that Maya had on over it.

He started to gently run his fingers over Maya's thigh, up and down causing Maya to twitch and close her eyes. She bit her lip trying to cease the sounds that wanted to come out of her. After a few seconds she got her sense of reality back before she grabbed his hand and pinched the skin of it causing Josh to let out a small whimper and pull his hand back. He gave her a small glare which she gladly returned. Josh shifted in his seat and kept his hands to himself the rest of the car ride.

"Yay! We're here!" Auggie cried out excitedly as he unbuckled his seat belt and immediately tried to open the car door.

"Hold up for a second little man." Josh said as he turned the car off and grabbed his phone and his wallet from the dash. Josh looked up st Maya and winked before getting out of the car causing Maya to scoff.

After Maya got out of the car Riley nudged her and wiggled her eyebrows up and down. Maya rolled her eyes and shook her head at her best friend. Auggie grabbed Riley's hand and pulled her ahead of the group causing Josh and Maya to be by themselves again. That was probably planned by Josh as well. Josh motioned his hand out in front of him while looking at Maya.

"After you." He said. Maya rolled her eyes before walking past Josh and then immediately feeling a hand in hers. She looked up at Josh who was had his head down smiling while he gripped into Maya's hand.

"Okay." Maya stopped him as she stood in front of him and glared. "What's going on? You haven't been able to keep your hands and lips to yourself all night." Maya angrily pointed a finger at his chest.

"So tell me to stop." He shrugged his shoulders. Maya was a little taken back.

"What?" She asked confused.

"You haven't told me to stop all night. Tell me to stop and I'll leave you alone for the rest of the night." Josh said simply as he gripped Maya's hand tighter reminding Maya that she hadn't let go of his hand.

Maya knew Josh. She knew that he would never force her to do something that she didn't want to. So she knew that if she said stop that Josh would respect that and step back. But he was right, she never told him to stop once tonight.

"Do you want me to stop, Maya?" Josh asked her as he stepped closer causing Maya's breath to hitch.

"I-" she cut herself off as he reached up to put a piece of hair behind her ear. Maya fluttered her eyes shut at his touch before looking down and biting her lip. Did she want him to stop? She looked behind her and saw Auggie and Riley staring right at them. Josh looked over and could see them as well. "Not tonight." She told him as she looked up at him. Josh smiled in understanding of what she was saying. So he took his hands off her completely and held them up in surrender.

"Alright." He said before he looked up at Maya again. "But I heard just not tonight." He smirked before walking off to where Riley and Auggie were waiting.
_______________________________
Things are getting kind of interesting... Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. I'm going to make things develop between Josh and Maya in a good way for a little bit.