Chapter Twenty-One: "Disappearing Act"

They waited days for Libra and Virgo's return, but it never came. Slowly, everyone started to get more and more worried, but they would keep it to themselves, continuing their day as though everything was alright. Capricorn hadn't stopped crying until Taurus stayed the night in her room. Everyone seemed in a depressed trance, walking around as though they were zombies and jumping every time there was a sound.

  Currently, they were all seated on the couch doing nothing. Nobody bothered to turn on the TV, they couldn't muster the energy even to talk. Even the usually hyper duo, Leo and Aquarius, sat in silence. Taurus came back with Pisces next to her, balancing plates on her hands, arms and even one on her head. Pisces carried the same amount as her but seemed to be having a lot of trouble. Suddenly the plate fell from his head as it was about to crash into the ground, it stopped, suspended in the air. Pisces let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding and looked at Sagittarius,

"Thank the stars for your powers," he breathed as Taurus served everyone their lunch. The smell of chicken wafted into their noses as the boiled potatoes sat proudly on the plate. Yet nobody had the appetite and they all sat there, staring at the exquisite food. Eventually, Gemini sighed,

"Us sitting here isn't going to do anything!" She exclaimed, looking around. She didn't have to explain what she was talking about, everyone already knew.

"We need a lead first! We can't just run off into the forest hoping to find them." Aries snapped hotly, she looked at Gemini, who frowned at the rude reply, "Sorry, I just, I'm scared," she said quietly,

"Don't worry Ari! I'll make sure nobody hurts a single strand of your beautiful hair!" Leo cried heroically, in an attempt to lighten the mood, as he pulled her into a bear hug. "or mine for that matter," he stroked his hair with one hand, the other still holding Aries. She struggled against him, her face smushed against his chest,

"You're suffocating me,"

"Oh, sorry," Again they lapsed into silence, the strained chewing the only sound in the room.

"Virgo would know what to do," Cancer whispered under his breath. Gemini looked up,

"Well, Virgo isn't here! And we're not even doing anything to find them?" Her face burned red with anger,

"Then what do you propose we do?" Sagittarius announced, standing up and placing her hands on her hips, "Do you have any ideas, or are you spending all your energy on shouting at us to do something?" She quivered with fury as Gemini backed up,

"No, but-"

"You can't expect us to just know what to do. Plus, I don't see you doing anything!" Sagittarius watched Gemini with hawk eyes,

"Sorry," Gemini whispered, Sagittarius's expression immediately softened as she rubbed her face tiredly,

"I'm sorry, I know how you feel. I'm just pissed at everything right now," She started walking towards the stairs, "I just need some time, alone," she said, not bothering to look back as she bounded up the stairs. They were all stunned by the outburst and Gemini sat down, surprised. Cancer rubbed her back comfortingly. Aquarius got up and went up the stairs. Nobody bothered to stop him.

  He knocked softly on Sagittarius's door. "Come in," he heard her reply as he pushed the door open and saw her sitting on the bed, looking blankly at the wall. "Everything is so confusing," she said as he sat next to her, not even looking at him as she continued, "I didn't mean to get angry at Gemini, I just have so many things going on in my head."

"To be fair, you're pretty cute when you're angry," Aquarius smirked as Sagittarius punched his arm jokingly,

"I hate you, you're so annoying," she stuck her tongue out at him. However, she hugged him tightly a second after that, "Thank you for being there for me," Aquarius hugged her back and placed both hands in each side of her face when she looked at him. Her breath caught in her throat when he looked directly into her eyes and leaned forward, she squeezed her eyes shut as she felt his lips brush against her. It was a sudden impulse when she pulled him forward and kissed him, but she didn't regret it, nor did he.

"You're welcome. What's with all these mood swings? Is it that time of the month or something?" He asked, pulling back. Of course, the sentimentality couldn't last.

"Just because I express my different emotions does not mean that I'm on my period," she said exasperatedly, blushing softly. She noticed him blushing slightly as well. She then lowered her voice, "but if you must know-" She was interrupted by another knock on the door, taking them by surprise. Aquarius realized that he still held Sagittarius's face between his hands. He let his hands drop to his sides in embarrassment as Sagittarius called out, "Come in!" The door squeaked as it opened and Capricorn stuck her head through the gap. She walked in and looked at Aquarius and Sagittarius who sat on separate ends of the bed.

"Are you feeling better?" She asked Sagittarius. She nodded and Capricorn went up to her. "Well, the others are waiting downstairs so we should go join them." Capricorn extended a hand to both of them and they took it. Capricorn sighed as she looked at their linked hands, "Yeah, you guys just made a huge mistake,"

"Wha-" Aquarius started before there was a bright flash. When the light faded, a man with stunning green eyes and hair as black as a raven stood in front of them with a sadistic grin.

"Ophiuchus!" Sagittarius squeaked in fear as she tried to wrench her hand out of his grip, but to no avail.

"My, we have a smart one here," he struggled to keep his grip, "and apparently a fighter too." Before they could attempt to call out, they were silenced by a feeling of pain that startled their bodies. The energy was being sucked out of them as their veins pulsed a curious gold. Just before Sagittarius blacked out she heard Ophiuchus whisper, as though he was straining to speak, "Sorry."

• • •

  Capricorn came rushing down the stairs as a whimper escaped her lips. Everyone swiveled around to look at her distressed face, "They're gone too,"

A moment of silence. Then panic.

  Everyone rushed up the stairs and into Sagittarius's room, they looked up each and every corner of the room for any idea as to where they would go. Capricorn paced in a corner, every now and then watching the others as they looked for the missing friends. Cancer sighed in defeat as he sat down, "They're not here you guys," he groaned.

"I'm sorry," Capricorn whispered, tears filling up her eyes. Taurus sat next to her and hugged her shoulders,

"Hey don't worry, you didn't do anything. We'll find them." Capricorn nodded as Taurus got up and walked to Aries and Gemini, talking to them in a hushed whisper. Scorpio inspected the bed and saw that it was completely messed up, meaning that there had probably been a struggle. He pointed this out to the others and they nodded in agreement. They all had the same question in mind. How did this kidnapper get into the house?

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Things are getting to be really serious now. What are they going to do? Honestly, I am running out of things to say in these A/N's so can you just pretend that you are reading something interesting? Thanks!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Yours truly,

Zodiac Lover No.1,

Leslie