XXII

I took the pills, I've been consumed
I drank the water, I had to choose
I'm still here with a fire burning, burning inside
you want to burn, light it up, light up, let it rise
~ Pop Evil, Deal With The Devil

I tap the pen against the seat of the bus and listen for the band as they facetime their record company about the music video they will be shooting once we are back in LA.

So much for a vacation.

There isn't a lot of bickering, which is nice, but that doesn't mean everything is smooth sailing.

Kind of like Erik and I.

Every time I try to figure out what is going on between us, I get a headache trying to figure this guy out. And now his bandmates want me to stay with them the week we are in LA, which wouldn't be a bad thing if I knew what was going on with Erik.

Will was never this much drama.

I put the pen to paper trying to write something, it seems like I can't write lately unless it is raining or nighttime.

Not even the SWMRS album Drive North was helping.

"We got an idea!" I hear someone yell causing me to jump and my heart to race.

Damn crazy rockers.

I set my book down and head back into the bus as there is nothing else to do.

"I think that's a great idea, oh come on. Let's do it!" Erik says as he gives his producers an annoyed look.

"It might work and give the band the look they are going for." I roll my eyes, knowing all too well what the look the band is going for is.

The next Black Veil Brides as Erik put it the one night we were talking.

"Was that your social media manager? We are putting her in the shot, don't know how yet, but we are." I raise an eyebrow at the mention of my title being used.

"We'll talk to the directors and send you the script breakdown before your flight on Monday." Both parties give their farewells before logging off.

"I know the exact job for you." Erik winks at me as he notices me leaning against the fridge.

"Pig." I scoff at him and push myself off the wall.

"Oh come on, you told me you could dance." I cringe, remembering the one night I had one too many beers after the show and had rambled to him about my passion for dance. "You told me you would show me one day."

"I'm taking a nap, wake me up for the show." I look at Scarlett, knowing she is the only reliable one here.

I wasn't really going to take a nap, I just needed him to stop embarrassing me.

We haven't talked about the incident at the club last night, we haven't had time alone to do so.

He confuses me, like the sky, he has two very different attitudes with me.

I climb into my bunk and send a quick text to my brother, asking how the school year is and what he is doing for Christmas.

The odds of either of us being invited to family Christmas this year are very slim.

"Hey, everyone is getting food, they want to know if you want to come? Erik said he's not hungry so it would just be the rest of us." Devon says as he rests his arms on the mattress of my bunk. His tattooed forearms show different roses and a skull with a dagger through the eye.

"I think I'm good." I shut off my phone and climb out of the bunk, following Devon into the main part of the bus to see only Erik lounging on the couch, "just the two of us?"