Chapter 36: Mei's Birthday

Since Huli Yuehong and Lutecia De Lapin had a child, 300 years had passed. The news about the fox-bunny hybrid princess of the Huli Clan reached the ears of the Usagi Kingdom too. The bunny nobles weren't in a joyful mood at all.

"That damn brat..." Feuer was fired up with indignation. "She did so much as to win that Blood Moon Fox's icy heart and now even had a child with him, as if disclosing her hidden skills to him wasn't enough!"

"Hmm... I guess if we let them be, the new princess of the Huli will grow to become the first ever fox who is able to jump as high as De Lapin bunnies could, and will even be able to teleport. She will be invincible for us..." the young green-haired advisor of King Feuer, Hans, who had already become his son-in-law (as he and Princess Gretchen had married), declared. "We must not let that happen. If we do, the Huli foxes, who hold a grudge against us, will obliterate us".

"Yeah, you're right..." Feuer sneered and clenched his fists. 

Suddenly, they heard the princess' wicked chuckle:

"That is if we let her grow enough..."

All of the viziers widened eyes.

"W... What do you mean?" Feuer blinked in stupefaction. 

"She is turning 300 this year, as far as I know. She is still too tiny, so you should put an end to her existence before she becomes a celestial fox and achieves immortality. I say, the fewer tails she has the easier she is to kill".

"Oh..." Hans gasped at his wife's such ingeniousness, "You're right, Gretchen, we should kill her while she's still a child. She won't be able to defeat us in her current state!"

Feuer widened eyes too as he understood what the youths meant. He, as well as all of his viziers, grinned with satisfaction:

"That is actually a pretty good idea..."

***

They held a grandiose party in the Huli Palace - the princess had just turned 300!

"Aww, Lulu, such a grand event! Congratulations sweetheart!" Sandy grinned at her dearest friend and hugged her tightly. Then she looked at the tiny fox princess who had picked up her long bunny-like orange fox ears and was curiously watching her. "Aww, such a little cutie! Whoops, sorry, I meant a big cutie!" she caressed little Mei on the head and gave her sweet nuts. "This is for my little princess!"

"Hurray!" Mei jumped with happiness like a true bunny and grabbed the nuts. "Thank you, Auntie Sandy!" she clapped and tightly hugged Sandy, her ears jumping with happiness too.

Lutecia smiled kindly as she watched her little child have such bunny-like mimics. She grew so fast into a beautiful bunny-fox...

"Congratulations, Princess Lutecia!" Alex smiled at Lutecia too, and then grinned at the little child: "Happy Birthday, Princess Mei!" he rubbed her on the blond hair. Mei giggled with joy and hugged him:

"Thank you, Uncle Alex!"

She began crunching her favourite sweet-flavoured nuts Sandy had brought her as a gift.

"Mei, come here, dear!"

Mei easily heard her father's shout with her big ears and darted off into another hall at an immense speed. Sandy and Alex blinked in stupefaction. Sandy giggled and hugged Lutecia:

"She's so like you, Lulu!"

"Hehe, yeah, she does resemble a little De Lapin..." Lutecia shyly beamed, happy for her child to be compared to her. It gave her a feeling that Mei indeed had inherited De Lapin blood from her, even though she looked so much like a fox with her three big fluffy red tails. It gave her a hope that De Lapin clan wouldn't cease its existence after her.