Chapter 24

Sage Valentino's pov:

Three weeks.

Three weeks since I last saw Annabelle.

Three weeks since she told me she loved me and left me behind as she ran for her life.

School started two weeks ago. I wouldn't have gone but my best friend Alex practically dragged me to school after I missed three days.

The only reason I'm not out there looking for her is because Alex convinced me to sit down and use all my resources to find out if her dad has any connections that could possibly be a threat in trying to find her.

I pass by her house everyday, and everyday nothing changes.

No cars in the driveway and all the house lights are off.

The only thing keeping me from running after her with no plan whatsoever is the fact that I could possibly put her in more danger in the process. 

I know he's looking for her, but I also know that she's still alive, I can feel it in my heart. 

Suddenly my phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

I felt my heart sink when I saw the name Alex flash across the screen, but I picked it up anyway. 

"Did you find anything?" I quickly asked, skipping the pleasantries. 

"I think this is something you want to hear in person," he simply replied before hanging up the phone. 

I let out a series of curses and quickly grabbed my keys so I could race over to Alex's house, I probably broke a couple laws during the short ride over there but I could care less at the moment. 

I decided to skip the part where I ring the doorbell and walked straight into the house and quickly found his bedroom that had open computers laying around with Alex and some other guy rushing back in forth between each screen. 

"You didn't tell me Mitch was gonna be here," I growled, referring to the mystery man in the room. 

"Look, Sage I know you hate him but his gang has eyes everywhere, we need him," Alex explained. 

"just tell me what you've found," I demanded, refusing to take my eyes off of Mitch. 

"We found her," Mitch stated simply, pointing to the computer closest to him.

I immediately rushed over to the screen pulled up to a street camera view and sure enough there she was, rushing down the street constantly looking over her shoulder. 

I felt a pang in my chest when I saw that she was wearing my t-shirt and felt myself boil over with anger as I watched someone come out an alley beside her and drag her away despite her attempts to break free. 

"That's where she was taken," Alex stated, pausing the video and steering me to another computer with multiple photos and names. 

"These are all the people we suspect to be working with her father," Mitch explained, pointing to a photo circled in red. "This is the man that took her. He is the owner of a company that failed this past year, but for some reason he refuses to sell the abandoned company building in Detroit. We suspect that's where they've taken her considering it's the property owned by any of these men." 

"How do you propose we get in there? The three of us aren't gonna be able to do much against these guys," I reasoned, beginning to lose hope. 

"You have my full support," Mitch assured me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "And if you have my support you have the gang's support, we'll gladly fight to get your girl back." 

"Thanks man, I really underestimated you," I nodded. 

"Happens to the best of us," he shrugged. 

"Don't forget about your connections at the fight club," Alex pointed out. "You haven't been there in a while, but anyone of those guys would help you out." 

That was true, it may not seem like it, but everyone who fought in that club was like family. We leave all our anger in the ring. Everyone in that club will do anything for a fellow club member, we're far from a gang though, the one rule in that club is don't bring any violence outside the ring unless it's for good reason. I knew for a fact that they would help be bring Annabelle home.

"Well lets go build our army," I said lifting myself off my chair. "Alex you stay here and and put everything we know into a presentation so we can show the boys and come up with our game plan. Mitch go round up your gang, I'll head to the fight club. We're putting everyone of these motherfuckers behind bars." 

There are a little over twenty members that fight in the club not including our trainers. Every one of us hit the gym sometime during the day, although I have to admit I couldn't really find the time to go while I was in New York, but none of that mattered now, ever since she ran away I've spent nearly all my time either fighting in the ring or at the gym. My parents came home early when they heard the news about Annabelle so I wouldn't have to worry about Izzy and could focus all my attention on finding Annabelle. 

I still remember the conversation I had with my mom when she returned home. 

"You didn't have to come home early," I said as my mother sat next to me on the bed. 

"Of course I did," she insisted. "You just lost your girlfriend, I couldn't let you go through this alone." 

"She was only my girlfriend for one day, and she just... left," I mumbled hardly able to believe it myself. 

"Do you know why?" she asked. 

"S-she wouldn't want me to tell you, all you need to know is that she had good reason," I vaguely explained. "I just wish she took me with her." 

I could feel the tears beginning to fall down my cheeks as mom quickly stood up to wrap me in a hug. 

"You love her don't you?" she asked softly.

I paused for a second, thinking of my answer. I thought of her face, her smile, her laugh. She never failed to brighten my day, even if I was just watching her sleep or look at her phone. 

"More than anything," I finally answered.