Epilogue

!! Read the next chapter for bonus chapter information !!

_______________________

6 years later...

"Holy shit, I've got lipstick on my teeth and you didn't even tell me." Raven boomed from the passenger seat, a compact in her hand.

I tutted heavily, flicking my indicator down to turn left.
"Hello? I can't look. Do you want to crash and die?" I retorted before making my way into the driveway. Exiting the car, I adjusted the nude-coloured dress I was wearing. We were currently parked outside Danny and Amelia's house.

"Don't worry, Alexis, you're looking so good, you're making me question the integrity of my relationship with Mason." She spoke out, shutting the door and I laughed at her words.

I brushed my hair behind my ear.
"Speaking of which, I haven't seen him." I questioned and Raven rolled her eyes, coming over to my side.

"He forgot to get them a gift, so he's gone rushing over there now." She said bluntly and I rolled my eyes. That was so typical of Mason.

It was the day after Danny's and Amelia's wedding anniversary- a year since they got married. They had spent the day in each other's company, but today we were all going to celebrate together.

I smiled at the memories. It seemed as though it was just yesterday that they had gotten married. I was one of the bridesmaids, so was Raven and Savannah and a couple of Amelia's friends. Danny had a complete breakdown, not being able to pick a best man from Aaron and Justin, so just ended up having his dad as his best man. I still remember the tantrum he threw when he didn't know how to do his bowtie for the wedding reception and Aaron had to do it for him.

"Okay, you stand here smiling in the cold, I'm gonna take my ass inside." Raven grumbled out, her burgundy dress hiking up as she all but stomped to the door and I chuckled before following after her.

Knocking on the door, I drummed idly against my phone, smiling at the sound of Raven huffing in impatience. The door opened revealing a very drunk Drake. He grinned sleazily, ushering us both in with flailing hands before running into the kitchen area. I shook my head. The party had only started 15 minutes ago and Drake was already drunk. Well, I guess that was how he numbed out his recent breakup. They had been together for around 6 months and she left him without so much as a text. Oh, and how Drake repeatedly likes to mention, by stealing his coffeemaker- his only one true love.

Raven pulled me along to the living area and I smiled when my eyes landed on Amelia, rushing up to her as fast as I could with the heels I was wearing. She squealed as we met in a big hug.

"Hey, Alexis, you look great! I hope you got here okay." She commented, drawing back and I grinned at her words.

"Thanks, you look so good too." I replied as I looked her up and down with a smile. She was a bit more modest than what Danny had usually gone for. She was wearing jeans with a cute cold shoulder top and flats. I watched as she exchanged greetings with Raven before turning her gaze on me, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Where's Aaron. You didn't come together?" She questioned and I shook my head, smiling at Raven as she handed me a drink.

"No, he had to work late. He said he's gonna go home and freshen up and then make his way over here. He'll probably be home right now. He might be here in 10 minutes or so." I explained before taking a sip and Amelia nodded before speaking.

"That man really loves his job." She commented and I smiled at her words. She was right on that account. It was surprising, but Aaron's work ethic had indeed changed over time. He had become involved with business, after University and had joined his uncle's company and he worked hard to get to being promoted to financial advisor. Nevertheless, there was never a time where he let it affect his personal life, he made sure of that.