9: Get a Little Help from a Jock

Richard^^

Richard Venice sat next to me in Anatomy and smiled when I raised a brow at him.

"Can I help you?" I asked, a bit shocked by the whole situation.

Richard was the typical popular jock who hosted all the rocking parties, but he wasn't that mean cliché character you hear about in every movie either.

For a football player, he was a bit thin, but that didn't keep him away from being attractive with his long blonde hair and warm greenish eyes.

"Your boyfriend took my partner." He gestured at the back of the room- where Mason was sitting with one of the pretty cheerleaders.

"He's not my boyfriend," I murmured and looked back at the front of the class. Mrs. Porter was babbling about her life, she usually did.

Richard gave me a look, as if telling me he knew what I meant. "Trouble in paradise," he confirmed and nodded his head slowly.

"No," I growled, "we were never together."

"Okay, sure, whatever, Morgan," Richard shrugged sarcastically and paid attention to the teacher.

After a while, Richard decided to let out another painful stream of words. As if I was annoyed enough.

Now I know how Mason felt whenever I tried talking to him.

"I can help you get him back. . ." He trailed off.

I rolled my eyes, but didn't turn to look at him. "I don't want him back. Plus, we were never dating," I hissed.

Richard shrugged and clicked his pen. "I don't know, I've never seen him talk more to a girl than you."

I scoffed and held the urge to point out all of the girls he'd been with so far.

It had been funny how he had never been seen with so many girls, then he tells me on how he wasn't really a whore, and then all of a sudden, he starts banging anything with legs.

"Sure," I let out sarcastically.

"You know what, Morgan? I'm going to help you."

Great.

•••
Mason's P.O.V.

I sat down and buried my head in my hands, not giving a shit if I was missing Math.

I know I should've been happy that Michelle was finally going to get adopted, that she was finally getting an out.

But I wasn't.

I was furious.

I wanted to keep her with me, I know it was selfish but she was the closest thing to a family that I had, and I didn't want to let her go.

"Fuck," I growled as I pulled on my hair.

The universe really loved to fuck with me.

"What's wrong?"

I looked up and saw Lacey, wearing the school uniform, even though her skirt was hitched a bit higher than the school would've liked.