song yunhyeong - "nights like this" ✰

your dark thoughts surrounded you and loomed over you like a cloud. a cloud of dark thoughts that you consumed you and pushed you farther back into reality. the thoughts got darker and darker until you felt like there was no escape other than...

you were cut from that train of thought when your phone started to vibrate in the back pocket of jeans.

caller id: yunhyeongie 💘

you let a smile fill your face and quickly answered. "hello."

yunhyeong sounded surprised, "why did you answer so fast? it's 10 pm."

you wryly smiled, "you're the one that called me at 10pm."

yunhyeong laughed and the sound of his laughter made your stomach feel all bubbly. "well i'm outside your house with some takoyaki...and i thought since we haven't went on a real date in 1 month we could eat it together."

you shot up out of your bed and scurried to grab a coat, "dumbass it's cold outside, how long have you been outside of my house?"

"about 10 minutes." yunhyeong said nonchalantly while you finished tying the laces on your vans.

you ripped open the door and shoved your phone in your jacket pocket. you saw yunhyeong's figure and immediately jumped to hug him.

yunhyeong made a sound because you knocked the wind out of him. he started coughing and you let go your tight hug on him.

"i'm sorry i guess i was just too excited to see you hyeongie." you said and sheepishly smiled.

yunhyeong finished coughing and scowled, "(y/n) you dropped the takoyaki." he whined and stomped his feet.

you laughed and went to go lock your house door. once you finished doing that you grabbed his hand, "look my car finished getting fixed yesterday we can go down to the takoyaki stan near my house." you looked at your watch, 10:37 "they close at 11:30 we can still make it babe."

yunhyeong pouted, "fine but can i drive?"

you laughed, "drive my car? we've been together for 6 months. you don't get that type of privilege until we've been dating for a year." you teased and poked his head.

yunhyeong just hummed and hopped in the passenger seat. "okay but i get to pick the music."

you groaned as you got into the driver's seat, "fine but let me finish the song i was playing on my phone before you called."

you quickly connected your phone to the aux cord.

You act like you need remindin'
Tryna do it over, bring it back and rewind it
But all that glitters isn't gold, I was blinded
Should have never gave you my heart on consignment

"what is this song?" yunhyeong said while attempting to hum to the beat.

"nights like this."

yunhyeong looked out the window, "it sounds sad."

You took my feelings and just threw 'em out the window
Feel like it's too hard to fall in love again