35. Aragorn - Request

Aragorn - Request

Summary : Y/N is so much younger than Aragorn, fact that makes her think that he'll one day fall for someone more of his age and break her heart, so she leaves Gondor. After a while, she realizes she's made a mistake, but is it too late?

Words : 2060.

A/N : Requested by realbluewolf123! 😊❤️

⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️

Narrator's POV

It was a cold, rainy day in Gondor. The gray sky was powerfully spilling its tears over the kingdom, while the loud noise of the thunder was making everything seem scarier. Leaves and small branches were floating around the place, because of the wind that was blowing harder than ever.

Y/N was in her bedroom, standing by the window and staring blankly at the rain drops that were touching the ground, making a "splash" sound. She was lost in her thoughts... thoughts that were somehow scaring her so much more than the unexplainable sudden storm from the outside.

Y/N was Aragorn's soon-to-be wife. They have met each other in Rohan, a few years ago, when Isildur's heir along with the others were trying to get rid of Sauron and destroy the Ring. Y/N got injured when they were attacked and almost died trying to protect some people, but Aragorn managed to appear right in time to save her life.

Since the very first time they looked into each other's eyes they knew that there was a strong connection between them. They started seeing each other every day, and soon, they developed feelings.

Y/N loved literally everything about Arathorn's son. She loved the way his beautiful eyes were shining every single time he chuckled - showing his white teeth at the same time - she loved the way he acted - like a leader, and a strong, clever one - she loved the fact that he could be funny sometimes, and serious when needed, she loved his sweetness and the fact that he cared about everyone around him. He was probably the bravest man she has ever met, with the biggest heart and an incredible behavior.

Now, Aragorn was king and Y/N was soon going to be a queen, since they were in a relationship. What was worrying her was the fact that she was so much younger than him. She thought that, one day, he was going to leave her for someone more of his age. She has grown too fond of him and was loving him to much, and the thought of losing him for someone else was eating her alive. Y/N knew that, if Aragorn was ever going to leave her, her heart would be shattered and she would have no reason to live. She had no family, no relatives and most of her friends died in battle, while the others were still in Rohan.

"My love?" she jumped as she heard a voice, but relaxed once she recognized it. Y/N blinked away the tears and tried her best to put on a smile, before turning around and facing her worried beloved.

"Aragorn!" she greeted. "I'm so sorry... I didn't hear you coming!"

"You have nothing to apologize for!" he grinned. "Are you alright? You seem troubled..." he added concerned, as he started walking closer to her.

"Everything is fine, my love, don't worry!" Y/N replied, smiling in assurance. However, Aragorn knew that something was wrong... He could feel it...

"Y/N, sweetheart... I know you well enough to tell when you are lying, and that is exactly what you are doing right now..." he spoke quietly, taking one of her hands into his. "What is the matter?"