Chapter Sixteen

Gabriel's POV:

I woke up earlier than usual, my wolf had been restless and frigidity throughout the night. He was excited by the thought of our mate and daughter in the opposite room, he was eager to see them.

He desperately wanted to sleep in the same room as them, but I forced him down, we had to respect Lara's wishes.

I groaned slightly as I stretched, my bones clicking as I looked at my alarm clock. It was 7 in the morning.

I threw my comforter off, pushing myself out of bed and into my bathroom for a quick shower. I mind linked both Dan and Eli, requesting a meeting in 45 minutes. They both agreed, I had to discuss a few matters concerning Lara and Kennedy with them.

Within half hour, I was dressed and already made my way into the kitchen.

Only to find Eli sitting on the stool, eating my chips as Dan shook his head. They were early, but I couldn't complain, it meant I could spend more time with Lara and Kennedy before having to take them back to Blood Walker's territory.

I wasn't pleased with the idea, my wolf and I felt protective over them both, but she had made it clear that if I wanted a relationship with her, I had to earn it.

I needed to earn her forgiveness.

"Hey man." Eli mumbled with chips stuffed into his mouth before leaning over towards me for a fist bump. I rolled my eyes but copied the gestured before turning to Dan who nodded respectfully at me.

"Big shock, huh." Dan said, leaning against the counter as I walked towards the fridge. Dan was an extremely serious Beta when it came to protecting me as his Alpha. He was always on full alert, his face analysing mine wanting to know what I was thinking.

My chest heaved up as I took a long breath and nodded. "Big shock. You both know the story of what happened, I just couldn't have imagined having a daughter that I didn't know about. I had blocked out most of that weekend, I thought we used protection but clearly we hadn't."

"I must admit, I never did understand your reasons but that was your decision and we had to respect that." Dan replied thoughtfully, speaking about the rejection.

Eli only nodded, stuffing more chips into his mouth before grinning at me. "You can only make it right now. Just try not to fuck it up."

I frowned, shaking my head, amused at his answer, Eli could barely be serious, he was very laid back but just like Dan, when he needed to be tough and deliberate, he could be.

We began discussing a few things to do with Lara and Kennedy about the situation with her going to Texas and having a schedule while she was away. We also began discussing the rogue problem within the local area, there was a group of rogues attacking packs. We thought they were linked to a rogue Alpha.

I had upped our border patrols, organising more scheduled runs around the territory. Rogues were wolves without a pack, whether they were born into the life, forced or kicked out. Some hated the idea of packs, others despised being under the order of an Alpha, not wanting the authority.

It was around half nine when we heard tiny footsteps heading towards us, Kennedy appeared in our eyeline as she clutched a small blanket in her scrunched-up fists, her mouth hidden behind it.

She looked adorable as she bundled towards me; I swiftly picked her up and placed her onto my hip.

"Good morning." I greeted before she smiled and murmured that she was hungry, she sounded half asleep as she cuddled closer to my neck. I chuckled, before suggesting either pancakes or waffles.