Chapter One: Expiration Date

HELLO
I'm so excited to write season 4, I have so many ideas :') So many reveals, twists and turns are in store! 

Here's a fun fact: There was not a single Brin x Bellamy kiss in book three .... I wonder if that'll change in book four? 

Guess you'll have to wait to find out!

*UNEDITED*

*****

Brinley felt dizzy.

Any relief, any hope that had sparked in her chest as A.L.I.E had been defeated was completely snuffed out as a pale faced Clarke pulled her and Bellamy to the side to deliver yet another blow.

'You can't be serious?'

It was Bellamy's words that brought Brinley back into reality, his voice dripping with incredulity as he processed the weight of the information Clarke had just dropped onto both of their shoulders.

'I wish I wasn't.' Clarke's face was grim, her nails digging into her fists as she forced herself to stay calm. It had been hard enough to find the courage to inform Bellamy and Brinley of the new information, how was she going to tell everyone else that they were going to die, too?

'How long?' Brinley's voice sounded foreign even to her own ears. 'How long, Clarke?'

Clarke hesitated only slightly. 'Six months.'

Brinley let out a startled laugh that was filled with anything but humour. 'Six... six-'

Brinley kicked over a small table closest to her in a sudden fit of anger. Clarke watched with sorrowful eyes, thankful that she'd chosen an uninhabited room as their meeting place.

Bellamy watched Brinley pick up a discarded stool and throw it against a concrete wall, splintering the stool into multiple pieces. Had it been any other time, Bellamy would have stopped Brinley from her destruction, but it was hard enough for Bellamy not to join her in tearing down the room around them.

Hadn't they already suffered enough?

Brinley watched the pieces of the stool fall as she turned around, her back hitting the wall, which she slid down, resting her head in her hands, her fingernails digging into her scalp.

There were a few tense moments of silence before Brinley lifted her head, a small bead of moisture on her cheek as she asked, 'What the hell do we do now?'

'Nothing.' Clarke's answer surprised both Brinley and Bellamy. 'Right now, we do nothing.'

'Clarke-' Bellamy tried.

'Right now, we need to focus on rebuilding, on making sure everyone is safe.' Clarke continued over Bellamy. 'We need order.'

'What's the point when we're all going to be dead in six months?' Brinley uttered lowly and angrily.

'We'll find a way to survive, we always do.' Clarke sounded hopeful and it only fuelled Brinley's anger.

'Yeah, well what if this time, we don't?'

It was as valid concern, and Clarke couldn't think of a thing to say that would make Brinley feel better.

'Right. So we'll just pretend like everything's fine and hope that the radiation doesn't kill us before then. Sounds like a great fucking plan Clarke.' Brinley rolled her eyes.

'It's just for now, once everyone starts to heal, we'll start telling people-'

Brinley stood up. 'You're unbelievable. If you were one of those people – one of our friends – wouldn't you want to know that there's a timer on your survival? Keeping it quiet for a day or so until everyone calms down, I understand, but any longer than that-'