Epilogue

What is love? A small four letter word. L. O. V. E.

Such a small word that's so easy to say can pack such a strong, wonderful meaning. But it can also be a word packed with pain, reminding you of what once was.

When you're a teenager, you may "fall in love" with every boyfriend you have. I did.

But really, you don't know love.

Not until you have what's real love. Maybe not even until you lose it.

Sure, I "loved" my boyfriend when I was an 8th grader. And when he dumped me for some whore that couldn't keep her legs closed I was oh-so "heartbroken".

I'm sure you've had these kind of relationships, and if you haven't, consider yourself lucky.

It hurts when it happens. But then you have such hate for that ex-boyfriend because he ditched you for someone else.

That wasn't love.

In my opinion, if you go through a break up with someone you "loved", then how can you hate them so much afterwards?

In my opinion, if I loved someone and they loved me, if we had a break up, no matter what the cause was, it would be impossible for me to hate them. Sure, the first few days, weeks even months would be hard and if it was a break up over a fight I would dislike them. But eventually, I would realize that hating him wouldn't get me anywhere. I'd still have respect for him.

And if he's moved on, then I'd be happy for him.

Because I love him.

Sacrifices have to be made in love, whether or not you may like it.

I've had to do this myself, and that's the hardest part.

Now, you may completely disagree with me. That's okay, I'm definitely not an expert. Heck, I disagree with myself sometimes.

But I do know what love is. Real love. I've experienced it twice.

Now do you believe me? Do you still think I'm that girl who was just rambling about what she doesn't know? Do you still believe I've never had love?

No, you don't. Because I've convinced you otherwise.

I know what it's like to love someone, and have them love me in return.

On the reverse, I know what it's like to lose Love. To have it ripped from me. Torn from my chest and discarded in a ditch beside the road.

Now that you know my story, you understand that I know what it means to love someone.

So now that you've seen my journey in finding and losing love, why don't you find it yourself?

You may say, "Oh, no one could ever care about me that much." But that is where you would be wrong.

You may think you have no chance at finding love, but you don't know you're own story.

Yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This may or may not be familiar to you. For those of you that have been reading much longer and have forgotten, most of this is from the prologue of The Story of Us. Yeah, go re-read it and you will find there are only slight changes. Now you see how everything ties together?

I'm clever ;)

Btw the bold is what I rewrote and added from the prologue.

I love you guys! Thank you for the tremendous amount of support you've given me throughout these two books! I will be writing a one shot book that will mostly contain one shots of Kian and Maddie, but once I finish Who to Love and Wake, there will be one shots there as well.

And I have a question.

Who likes 5SOS? Bc I'm writing a fanfic but don't know if I should post it. It's kinda dirty but... What do y'all think?

I actually posted the 5SOS fanfic so go check it out!

Lol so thank you all!

Love y'all!

xox -Delilah