Chapter 24- Tormented

WARNING 💣

Some of you might get uncomfortable with the next scenes. Just be prepared.

♥️💚

••••

EMILY'S POV

The plopping sound of water droplets falling to the concrete floor is enough to rouse me from what seemed to be a heavy slumber. It seems like there is warm water rushing through my head, or is it through my chest? Maybe both, I can't distinguish the difference.

My eyelids start to tremble, threatening to open my eyes, and my limbs flex in shock when they finally did. I feel kind of uncomfortable with whatever my position is right now. For a fleeting moment, I freeze, like a clueless statue lying on someone's bed.

My mind is blank, literally blank that I couldn't process anything. I try to feel my surroundings. The deafening silence is so eerie that every drop of water can be compared to a drop of a hammer.

My brain has finally decided to cooperate with my peripheral nervous system and let my seemingly spread out limbs move after a few moments. I feel cold and naked. I look down at my body and get another surprise upon realizing that I am only wearing my white, camisole undershirt and lacy black panties this time.

Who took my freaking clothes off?!

I tug my hands towards me but a restraining force stops me. When I look up, it's then I realize that my wrists are actually handcuffed into the bedposts, limiting my range of motion.

Shit, what is happening? My heartbeat starts to beat wildly against my chest with the thought of the worse things.

Thrill and fear envelop me as the realization of being abducted dawns on me. On reflex, I curl up to sit, only to shut my eyes closed as intense dizziness comes through. I sink back to bed and sigh heavily, then drag my eyes around to observe my surroundings.

I am in a small, dark, empty room with cemented walls. There is a small spot in the cemented ceiling where there is water leaking, hence the water droplets. The bed where I am in right now has a single pillow without a case and a dirty linen sheet. There's a wooden desk beside the bed with a lampshade from where the orange light is coming. There are no windows around, so I have no idea about the time and where I could possibly be.

I try my best to remember the past events that had happened, and every detail of it.

Xander...

My face twists into a pale and yearning look at the thought of him.

It was a lazy afternoon, and I was really bothered by the fact that he was not answering my calls. I decided to pass by the grocery store first before heading to the cafe where I was supposed to meet Curt to talk about my problems with Xander. I got out of the store, and as I was passing by the parking lot, a woman with a black hooded jacket sprawled on the ground between two parked cars had caught my attention.

I was surprised and worried at the same time. I looked around to ask for help, but no one was there at that moment. I wanted to call the security, but she was groaning in pain. I dashed towards her to give her a hand, but before I could even take a peek on her face under that hood, I felt the car doors behind me slid open. I was caught off-guard when a hand with a handkerchief suddenly clamped over my nose and mouth. Simultaneously, an arm is wrapped tightly around my waist, pinning my left arm against my side. I struggled for a few seconds, kicked around and resisted, dropping my grocery bags in the process but the abductor powerfully dragged me inside the car. The last thing that I saw before I lost my consciousness was the car door sliding close, sealing the view of sunset right in front of my droopy eyes.