Ch. 13

Sitting on the ground I finish up organizing the paperwork we need to have in order for the rest of the week. I'm hungry and tired and its making me crabby. I'm still super frustrated with Alix and there's nothing I can do to fix it. I don't understand him lately. Every time I start to think I know him, he does or says something that isn't Alix at all.

"We need to hire an secretary. Someone to answer phone calls, make appointments, simple clerical work." He states.

Stunned I stop working at look over to him."You mean my job?" I question, confused.

"Hardly."

I look at him confused. "That is exactly my job. I answer phone calls and set up your schedule." I hold my hands showcasing the papers in front of me. "And clerical work."

"We need another person."

"Are you not happy with my job performance?" I ask, slightly offended.

"That's not it."

"Then what is it?" I question, curiously.

    The expansion is getting pushed through, it hasn't made it yet. The man we were supposed to meet with to insure our zoning permits cancelled, and its putting us days, if not weeks behind schedule. Until we have the permits why not continue what we're doing? Why hire another person, when the work load is still a one person job?

"This isn't up for debate. Just post the job." He demands.

I shrug. "Fine. I'll find someone." I reply, annoyed. I drag my laptop to me and post the listing for a entry level secretary.

    There is an reception area in front of the office that is for such a person in the position of secretary. I even set up my computer there once, but Alix kept calling me in to help him. It was easier to work in his office than outside it.

I hear the phone ring and get up to answer it. Yes, I do have a desk but I find I get more done on the floor, I like having unlimited space. I grab the phone, answering. "Greco Shipping International, Alix Greco's office."

"Hello, darling girl. Are you taking care of my son?" Alexia asks, happily.

"Mrs. Greco! How are you?" I ask, glaring at Alix. "Yep, I'm taking care of him." I assure her, rolling my eyes.

"I do not doubt it." She replies, giggling.

"Would you like to talk to him?" I question, as Alix waves his hands in front of himself as if warding off an attack from the phone. 

"Is he busy?"

"No. He's not busy at all." I answer, smirking at a defeated Alix. I transfer the call and he picks up the phone on his end and I hang up.

He listens and rarely replies to anything that is being said.

"I could ask her, but you did try and hug her to death last time we dinned together, so I'll just drag her along." I throw an eraser at him, but it sails wide of his head, he doesn't even flinch. "Yes, Mama. See you then." He replies, smirking at me he ends the call.

"I hate you." I pout.

"I bet you wish you would've listened to me about that phone call." He states, smugly.

"You need to tell her the truth. It makes me feel so guilty. Like I'm getting her hopes up or something. Kinda like she thinks you're becoming normal." I explain.

"What would you like me to tell her?" He questions, distracted.

"Just tell her were not in a serious relationship, that's all I'm asking. That way she's not disappointed." I suggest, looking up to see that he's not even listening, he's working on his computer and even picks up his phone to order lunch to be brought in.

    Eating our lunch at the coffee table I bring up the subject again. "What if you told her you were losing interest in me, that way she won't look at me like I'm her only hope of a second daughter in law?" I suggest.

He doesn't respond, just watches me as he takes another bite of his food.

"Think about it at least?" I beg. "I realize its not uncomfortable for you. You even think its funny, but it won't be to her." There! Let him naw on that for a while. After a few seconds I realize he doesn't look impressed. "Okay, fine! A trade."

His eyes snap to mine, ready to hear my proposition.

Finally, I have his attention. I think for a couple seconds and come up with a plan. "I'll give you a blow job, right now if you tell her its not serious and you're thinking about ending it soon." I notice he contemplated it all of a half second, before he shakes his head, no.

"You live to torment me." I complain. Not coming up with anything better to barter with.

"I thought I was already paying for blow jobs?" He questions, teasingly.

I glare at him. "Obviously, you didn't read the fine print. Sex and oral sex are two distinctly different things. Just because you paid for one doesn't give you access to the other."

"Sex is the operative word." He argues.

"Nope." I disagree.

"I go down on you." He points out the injustice.

I shrug. "That just means that you're more generous than I am." I tease, laughing at his annoyed expression.

He puts down his fork and he stands up. I notice that he's more than a little turned on. I eye him suspiciously as he holds out his hand to me.

"What are you doing?" I question, as I put my hand in his. He pulls me up and we walk to his desk together. "If you're going to google something to prove your point, just forget it. I'm not listening." I warn him.

He sits down on his office chair and urges me onto is desk. "What are you doing?" I ask again.

"Being generous." He replies, smirking.