Too Close For Comfort - 5

Z
After hours and hours of testing, I had found the perfect elixer to rid my body from the stupid idea called, "Emotions".

I just had to find a reversal potion incase there was an emergency, and also to give Dib-stink his emotions back.

Currently, Dib was unconscious due to all the testing and electrocution, floating in said emotion-erasure chemical that filled the inside of the testing chamber.

His face was peacful, his lips slightly parted, and his hair slowly shifting in the chemical. Again, I thought the foolish idea of him looking "cute".

Ugh, get it together, Zim! Dib is a human! You are an irken! You can't love him!

That sure made me think.

I do like him, don't I? God, I'm an embarrassment. Whatever, that doesn't matter now. See? This is why we need that chemical.

He shook himself violently and went back to creating an antidote.

(Time Skip)

D
I woke up with a jolt, inhaling lots of liquid.

What is this? I wondered.

I was scared, but that emotion quickly turned to violent rage as I smashed my fists into the thick glass, screaming a warcry.

"I'LL KILL YOU, ZIM!!!"

Why can't I feel any emotion but anger? What happened?

He turned around in his chair with a gasp and walked over to the chamber I was in, his eyes wide.

"Dib?! Was that you?!"

"WHO ELSE IS HERE, IDIOT?" No! I don't mean that! Zim stared at me with an emotion I again couldn't read.

"That chemical works slowly but effectively." He pressed the button to allow me to hear him better, "Dib, how are you?"

"LET ME OUT!"

"Are you in pain in any way?"

"LET. ME. OUT!!!!!!!" Zim sighed and pressed a button, all of the chemical I was floating in eventually drained completely. The chamber began filling with a new liquid, a red one.

Finally, when it was full, Zim pressed the button.... that horrible button. I dreaded even looking at it.

Shock waves ran throughout the chamber, sending what felt like mile-long nails, sharp as knives, into every inch in my body.

I screeched in agony, my eyes blurring. The thought of enduring this anymore sent me over the edge.

Z
While I didn't enjoy seeing Dib in this state of pain, I wasn't supposed to feel bad for him, as I was Irken. The only way to activate the chemicals I made was to introduce a high-voltage shock, or else the effect would never kick in.

However, something even more horrifying than Dib's screeching happened.

He went quiet.

I turned back around to face the chamber, my eyes widened in horror. Dib had his hair in his eyes, with his body pressed against the back of the chamber walls.

His hands slowly lifted, and I gasped as he quickly slammed them against the glass.

"Zim... Turn.... Turn it off..."

I stepped backwards in fear, How is he standing?

Nonetheless, I stumbled over and pressed the button to stop the electric shock. He fell backwards.

I spoke, pressing the microphone button, "Dib? How did you... why.... what just happened?"

His expression changed as his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he went limp. "Dib? DIB? DIIB!!!"

I quickly pressed the button to drain the chemical and opened the chamber to grab him. I picked him up and locked him onto the lab table.

Crap! Did I kill him that easily? Human bodies are so weak! After what seemed like ages of panicking, his eyes slowly opened.

He blinked a few times, then asked calmly, "Zim? What happened?"

The antidote worked! I sighed in relief. The sigh was followed by silence.

UGH! I'm not supposed to be happy about that! This potion better work on me...

I paced quickly over the small tube containing the chemical that erased my emotions, filling one syringe with it, and another with the antidote.

I grabbed the first one and walked over to Dib.

"Dib, you have toyed with me for too long! You have foiled my plans and gotten in my way for years, but I'll finally kill you, I'll finally win."

I stabbed himself with the red chemical, wincing hard as my arm stung like flames.

It works faster in my body that Dib's!

I smashed my fist onto the table, accidently pressing the button to release Dib's body from their cuffs.

My eyes turned red as I screeched and growled and hissed.

D
Holy crap! He is pure anger! I thought in panic, running to the closest obstacle and hiding.

I stealthily leaned to the side to see Zim's robot legs turning over different items I could be hiding in, smashing each into oblivion. His eyes were blood red.

He was more terrifying than ever. I looked away in fear, not wanting him to see me.

I scanned the area frantically, desperately looking for another place to hide. Under his computer desk! I heard him getting closer, and dove under his desk. He hissed at me.

Crap! He saw me! Zim stormed towards me, dragging me out from under the desk, and pinning me to the floor. His hissing fangs got closer as his spider legs aimed for my neck.

I'm gonna die here! I looked around with the small range of mobility I had.

The tip of a syringe was peering over the corner of his computer desk. There! The antidote!

His fangs grew longer as acid saliva began dripping on my face, burning my skin immediately. He was three seconds away from killing me, when I grabbed the antidote-filled needle.

He paused, and I took the opportunity to stab the needle into his neck. Zim froze, staring at me as his eyes turned back to the beautiful magenta I knew all too well.

Then, something happened I never would've expected in 4 billion years.

Zim kissed me.

Boom. That's all I have to say. OhalsoI'mbackokayBAI

Published: June 23rd, 2018
Revised: July 20th 2020