Fierce Deity!Link x Reader - What Happens in Termina Stays in Termina

(2238 words)

Not gonna lie, this is probably one o my favorite one-shots so far. I really did enjoy writing about Link especially OoT Link. I don't know, I've just always had a bit of backstory for him as he got older. Not exactly PTSD, but bad times he'd rather not bring up. And if someone were to try and bring those memories back, he wouldn't be happy about that at all. I see OoT Link as a happy-go-lucky guy until he's hit with the Termina memories. If you haven't played Majora's mask, oh boy. The nightmare fuel is strong with this one. Just trust me. In my opinion, Majora's mask is one of the most serious and creepiest Zelda games in the series. Just my own personal opinion. That game always scared me...

Anyways, this one-shot might confuse a couple people (specifically those who haven't played Ocarina of Time or Majora's mask), so a bit of quick summary. OoT Link and MM Link are the same exact person. At the end of OoT, Link goes to find Navi and at the beginning of MM, he's still a kid and still looking for her. After the events of MM, he goes right back to what he was doing. I like to believe he continued looking for her for a while. She's a fairy, so she might've just poofed herself far away or something idk. This one-shot takes place a good several years after MM. Link has reached young adult status.

This was requested by SOMEBODY but I couldn't find the comment for the life of me! I'm so sorry to whoever requested it, but if you see this lemme know! I had a blast writing this!

~~

You and Link had been close friends for a while now. The green-clad boy came through your village a few years ago and you were there to repair his shield which was in severe disrepair. He wasn't able to pay you with rupees but instead invited you on his ongoing adventure. Knowing you'd never be able to get out of your boring village on your own, you took his offer, and the two of you had been traveling together ever since. Link has shown you many parts of the world; things you never thought you'd ever get to see.

The young man had many strange items and artifacts that he carried with him. They all seemed to fit in one small pack which was odd all on its own. His mask collection was probably the oddest thing in that bag in your opinion. Link was mostly vague when telling you of their origins, but you did learn that he got them from a town called Termina. You weren't exactly calling Link a liar, but you couldn't remember seeing such a name on any map of Hyrule. Plus, whenever you questioned him about it, he'd get fidgety and quickly change the subject.

Still, the masks were so interesting to you. They represented different races, people, and animals, and Link had once mentioned how he could take the form of whatever that mask embodied. It was hard to believe, but you had already seen some crazy things since you began your journey with Link. So, you'd try to ask him to put one of the masks on as proof, but he'd turn you down every time. At first, you really did think that maybe it was all a hoax, but when you looked into his averted eyes, you could see there was something there - something he'd been trying to erase for years. With that, you kept your mouth shut and silently promised to not mention the masks or Termina again.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to keep that promise because of a little incident you unintentionally created.

"What do you mean you can't get it off?!" You yelled in a panic.

Link crossed his arms and leaned against the tree behind him; the firelight flickering against his white eyes. "It means exactly what you think it does: I can't get it off. It doesn't work that way."

"So what are you supposed to do? And don't say it like I knew that!" You argued. "I would've left the whole thing alone if you'd just taken the time to explain everything to me!"