Chapter 47

Jace couldn't find his words as he placed the glass on the counter and walked to her, his gaze locked with hers.
"What's wrong is I'm going to spend all night warding off men," he said, "You look absolutely gorgeous."

He reached up and brushed her hair over her shoulder letting his hand wander down her back and finally settle it on the small of her waist.
"I'm already having a hard trying to keep my hands to myself."

Ariana felt the heat from his hand on her back travel up her spine and she clenched her jaw trying not to react to it. His fingers dug a little deeper into her back making her even more aware of his hand on her.

"When I pictured you all dressed up in my head you looked perfect. But now that you're standing here, I just..." He sighed, "...my thoughts pale in comparison."

Ariana couldn't understand her feelings. The way Jace looked at her was hypnotising, it almost made her light-headed. She placed her hand on his chest and smiled.
"We're going to be late."

Ariana pushed him away lightly and Jace smiled knowing she still wasn't used to getting compliments from him. He took her hand in his and walked to the door letting Ariana walk beside him as she glanced at the hands.

"You're going to have to start getting used to receiving compliments."

"I see no reason why."

"Because you'll be getting a helluva lot of them from me."

Jace set the security alarm before they walked out and towards the limo.

"Evening sir. Ma'am." Marvis held the door open as they approached,

"Marvis, it's Ari," Ariana frowned, "How many times do you want us to go over that?"

Marvis smiled,
"You're Mrs. Black now."

"I'm still Ari."

"I've got it Marvis." Jace got the door and Marvis went around to the driver's seat while Ariana glanced at Jace.

"Darlin'." Jace smiled before she got in.

He got in after her before Marvis headed out of the compound.

Ariana looked out of the window on the way to the venue and sighed, Jace looked at her.

"Are you okay?"

Ariana turned to look at him and nodded,
"Yea. Just...be careful tonight, there are people still after you."

"I know, and I'll be fine," He took her hand and smiled, "I've got you."

She glanced down at her hand in his, on his leg. Jace reached out with his other hand and put it on her chin to lift her gaze to his.

"And you've got me."

Ariana's heart jumped in her chest at the thought of Jace getting hurt because of her.
"Promise me you won't do anything crazy."

Jace knew what she was asking and he nodded,
"I promise." He promised because protecting her wasn't termed crazy in his books.

When they arrived at the venue, Marvis pulled up at the perfect spot and went around to open the door. Jace stepped out and held out his hand for Ari. She looked at him before she placed her hand in his and stepped out of the car. Marvis shut the door and drove off and Jace placed Ariana's hand in the crook of his arm. The flashes were already going off before they walked hand in hand towards the entrance. The shouts from the paparazzi got louder when they walked down the carpet.

Jace stopped when they reached half of the way down the carpet, he bent to whisper in Ariana's ear when she looked up at him.
"One picture. Charlotte would go nuts if she doesn't see a good picture on the morning paper."