33

L I L YS U N D A Y

L I L Y
S U N D A Y

I'm sitting on Mason's bed, reading the poetry book I got a few days ago, when the bedroom door is pushed open and he walks in. Mason grins when he spots me.

I return a smile. "Hi Masey."

He walks over and sits on the bed next to me. "Good morning, love" He then leans down and kisses my temple. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not that long. Where were you?" I close the book, but make sure to place the marker in it so I don't lose my spot.

His smile only widens. "I was making you breakfast. Are you hungry?"

I quickly nod, and he grabs my hand so he can lead me out of his room and down the stairs. As soon as we're close enough, I smell something delicious coming from the kitchen. My eyes widen when I see the variety of food laid out on the counter.

There's bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, bagels, fruits. And that's barely half of it.

"You made all this?" I look up at him in shock.

He nods proudly. "All for you."

I blush. "You do know i'm not gonna be able to finish all of this, right?"

"I know sweetheart. You're too tiny." He smirks teasingly. "I invited Noah and Carter over to help eat it all..." He trails off. "And to get your mind off of things."

He's referring to the talk we had last night about the people wanting to take me from him. Honestly it scared me a lot, and he definitely could tell, so he reassured me that he wouldn't let anything happen.

Of course I believe him.

I smile at him gratefully. "Thank you." I stand on my tippy toes and wrap my arms around his neck. He bends down and grips the back of my thighs, before lifting me up so i'm now wrapped around him.

"Of course. You know i'd do anything for you." He whispers, only making my smile widen.

"When are they com-" I'm cut off by the sound of the door banging open.

Mason immediately sets me down and stands in front of me protectively, suddenly on high alert. I hear voices getting closer, making me nervous.

The closer they get, the more familiar they sound.

"We're here bitches!"

I sigh in relief when the person walking through the door is Carter, with Noah following behind her.

"What the fuck?" Mason says with a scowl.