29. Plan B.

"Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart... Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer."

- Rainer Maria Rilke

************************************************

"Mia, how can we be together when you don't even understand why you're even here?"

For the next several days his words echoed in my head. The more I thought about it the more restless I got. I thought it was just Clayton just trying to get under my skin when he asked me why I was here but now, I wasn't so sure.

"Why am I here?" I muttered to myself, staring up at my ceiling as if it was going answer all my questions.

I gave the ceiling a dirty look before throwing the blankets off my body and heading towards the bathroom. I quickly put on my slippers and opened the door to only be stopped by someone on the other side.

"Jesus Christ, Axel! Why are you standing there?" I yelled out in fear, putting my hand over my heart.

He just smirked and stood up straight from the wall he was leaning against.

"I can stand anywhere I want." He replied cockily.

I rolled my eyes at him and carried on with my journey to the bathroom. I wasn't quite sure if my heart was pounding so hard because of being frightened or if it was just because it was just seeing Axel. I scoffed at myself, for God's sakes Mia, when did you become such a lovesick puppy.

"Where are you going?" Axel called out following after me.

"Bathroom," I answered, not sparing him a look.

"Well, what are you doing after?" He asked.

"School," I replied dryly.

"Hey!" Axel huffed out, grabbing my arm and spinning me around to face him.

"Are you trying to drive me crazy?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Not necess-" I started.

"For the last three days, you haven't said more than 10 words to me, let alone spare me a glance." He huffed out at me.

"Do you want to die, huh? You know I'm a gang leader right?" He shook his head at me wanting an answer.

"When I'm talking to you, answer. When I call you, pick up. When I look at you, look at me too." Axel's eyes were so intense I had to quickly look away.

"So, I'll ask you again, what are you doing after you go to the bathroom?" He let go of my arm and waited patiently for my answer.

"School," I told him again.

"Did you not hear a single thing I said?" He said annoyed throwing his hands in the air.

"What? It's the truth!" I defended myself.

Axel gave me a quick glare but it quickly turned into a smirk of amusement.

"Fine, hurry up." He said, shooing me away.

"Why?" I gave him a dirty look for shooing me away.

"Don't give me that look unless you want to die." He pointed his finger at me, almost the same way a parent would discipline their child.

"And because I'm taking you to school." A smile quickly spread across his face.

"No, you're not." I gave him another look.