4 - What am i going to do?

2 months later

Bill POV

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!" I yelled frustrated as I gazed upon the resting face of my Pinetree.

He has been asleep for two months now. I have tried everything to wake him up. I tried at first shaking him awake, nothing. Throwing ice cold water in his face, nothing. He hasn't even moved from the spot I placed him in. As a last desperate attempt, I had entered his mindscape, but I couldn't find him. Everything was there, just, not, him... When I was there, I saw every wish he had, every dream. Some with Shooting star, some with Sixer and some with me. I was shocked when I saw that. Did I make that a great impact on him the last we spoke? Before Weirdmageddon I mean.

-Flashback, 2 days before Weirdmageddon-

I was strolling through the forest in my human form, trying to understand nature. I know that it sounds weird, but I did try to understand meatsack emotions before weirdmageddon. The serenity of the forest actually gave some sense of peace. While I was in my deep thoughts I heard some sniffles, as if someone was crying. I snapped out of my trans and started to investigate to find out where the sound came from. I looked around for a couple of minutes before I saw the source of the noise. It was Pinetree. He was sitting against a tree with his legs pulled up against his chest. His head was buried in his arms while he softly cried, barely making any sound, but it was still there. I walked stealthily closer towards him, trying not to disturb him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him with a gentle voice, trying not to startle him. He snapped his head at the sound of my voice, his face void of any emotion with tears slowly making their way down his cheeks. "Who are you?" he asked in a raspy voice, raw from all the crying. "I asked you something first", I stated. He looked slowly down at his hands and started crying again. I hurried over to him and pulled him into my embrace, he gripped my shirt and buried his face in my chest. I could feel it getting slightly damp where he had his face, but I didn't mind.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked him after he started to calm down after a while. After he had some time to think about what he would say, he whispered "My sister doesn't care about me." "What do mean?" I immediately ask not knowing the answer. I always thought that him and shooting star were like peas in a pod, inseparable, putting each other above anyone else. That appears not to be the case apparently. "She, she has ignored me the last month. When we are at home she wont even say as much as a 'good night' before we go to sleep. We even share the same bedroom for crying out loud." Pinetree took a breathing pause before continuing raising his voice. "almost every night she has her friends over, and I have to lay awake listening to their girly squeals which keeps me awake until late at night, and when they do go to sleep one of them snores really loudly. I haven't gotten a wink of sleep these past nights because of it. I am even a victim to their makeovers repeatedly, they don't even have my consent! They don't even consider my opinions and emotions as a part of the equation. And, and.." Pinetree broke down sobbing, holding onto my shirt as it was a lifeline. "She won't even acknowledge all that I've done for her, she just sees it as a given. Not as a sacrifice made by me" he said the last part in a hushed tone which made me question if I had heard him correctly.

"Oh Pinetree, I had no idea that you were suffering like that" I whispered into his hair as I still held him in my warm embrace. When he heard my nickname for him, he stiffened, and looked slowly up at me. "Bill?", I hesitated before I said, "yes". "Why are you so nice to me?" Pinetree asked. Oh, I wish I knew kid. But I didn't know why. Was it instinct, was it a need to protect, I had no clue. "I think I care about you" I answered honestly. "Really?" Pinetree looked at me in disbelief. I read his mind for a bit and saw the inner struggle he had with deciding to trust me or not.

"You don't have to believe me right now, but give me a chance so that I can it prove to you."

"Okay, I want to make a deal with you."

"What deal did you have in mind?"

"I know that you are planning something big Bill." Pinetree said looking me in the eye, still in my arms I might add. "and I don't want to be a part of it, but if you could come up with a scenario where I could, you know, slip away from the life I have. Even my Gruncles have started to ignore me as well." He looked down at his hands and let out a heavy sigh. "Alright, you've got yourself a deal, " I said grabbing his hand and shook it.

-end of flashback-

What am I going to do?