/ / 16. NEON DANK / /

Ellie grabbed Matty's hand as he tripped over his own feet, in the heavy sand of the beach beneath.

"Don't worry...I'm not drunk..." he whispered, slightly embarrassed.

She pursed her lips, unable to help but still find him just as charming.

"...anymore." He finished.

Ellie looked around, all of the garish horrors from the tales he and her brother and others had told her of the beach in the past, circling her mind. With the ocean sending them a cool breeze in which hit their faces and sent chills up her body, and the yellow moon shining above them..it wasn't easy to not think of the worst.

"We should just drop the gun off," she whispered, looking at the emptiness around them, "then go home..."

He looked at her, "are you scared?"

She shrugged slowly, hanging onto the strap of her bag, so tightly it was as if all of her hopes and dreams laid fragile inside.

"I'm here with you, I promise, nothing will happen." He said, wrapping his arm around her waist, tightly. She smiled slightly, holding onto his arm and sighing as they approached the large body of water before them, listening as the waves went back and forth.

She leaned her head back against him, closing her eyes, weary. As he looked at her he felt lower than ever for the night's earlier events. He'd never thought he could allow himself to get so wrecked that he could threaten her life. Hisown...but not her's.

She opened her eyes, looking down at her bag as she unzipped it. He let go of her, looking around to make certain they were alone. She grabbed one of her blouses and wrapped the gun in it, wiping it clean of all fingerprints. She looked up at Matty, he nodded, "throw it in."

"Don't you think it's kind of bad..." she held up the gun, "throwing this into the ocean?" She asked.

He shrugged, "when they're done with all those neon lights in the city they dump them there anyway." He said.

She handed it over to him, still wrapped in the blouse, knowing his throwing was probably a lot better than her's. He threw it as far as it could go, listening to the water as it sank deep into the ocean. She zipped her bag back, feeling a sense of relief that it was gone...as it had already done so much damage between the two, and given Matty so much power that she almost began to think he'd use it anytime he didn't feel in control...of people, or his own self.

They continued to walk, in search for a place to lay out the towel, "if it gets too cold we can go back to the car, and I can take you home." Matty said.

Ellie nodded, "how are you gonna talk to Alex?"

He found what seemed to be a comfortable space, he spread the towel out, pensive at her question. She laid down on it, looking up at him.

"I dunno..." he said.

He laid down beside her, looking up at the sky which lit up with stars, with no street lights to hide them. She followed his eyes up, noticing its beauty and meditating on it for a moment.

He turned to his side, bringing his hand to her chin, with his thumb softly touching her lips.

"You're going to have to talk to him..." She continued, sitting up.

"I know, baby." He said, pulling a joint from his pocket, analyzing it to make sure it wasn't too smashed. He placed it between his lips, lighting it up, almost dropping it on his chest. Ellie laughed at him, grabbing it and holding it for him as he took a hit.

"You're gonna fuck up so let me just save you now." She said, he made a face at her, exhaling the smoke.

"You're starting to know me a bit too well for my liking." He grinned.

She took the joint between her lips as well, taking a hit and holding the smoke in before blowing it into his face. He closed his eyes, taking it in and fixing his lips for another hit of his own. She held the joint to him, he puffed on it a bit before taking it from her and putting it out, holding the smoke in his mouth.

He came in closer and kissed her softly, she took in his smoke, with it flowing from her nose as she kissed him back, tasting the alcohol which still lingered on him. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist. His tongue entered her mouth without hesitation, crawling on top of her. She ran her fingers through his hair, biting his lip softly.

His lips trailed to her jaw, and down to her neck. She laid back, closing her eyes and sighing softly as she played with the buttons of his floral shirt, undoing each, one by one...before running her hands from his chest and down to his stomach, then dropping to his jeans. She unbuttoned them slowly, feeling his bulge against her hands as he sucked on her neck.

He grabbed the other side of the towel, wrapping it around them as he unbuttoned her's also, going back to her lips, speaking softly against them...he couldn't get enough of her, "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"I love you more..." he mumbled.

She shook her head as he pulled his wallet from his back pocket, pulling out protection.

He nodded as he prepared, his hair blowing and falling in front of his face. She shook her head once again, gasping as he entered and she watched the rise and fall of his chest go slowly as he lost himself in his own high before speeding up. She panted as he took her by the waist, feeling his length go deeper. Her fingers tangled in his hair, arching her back involuntarily, unable to contain herself, for she'd wanted him for so long now, and he wanted her too. He closed his eyes, humming in satisfaction as she couldn't help but squirm underneath him.

Ellie became a sweating mess as he helped her ride out the impulses of her climax, pushing her hair out of her face and wrapping his hand around the side of her neck. He pressed his forehead against her's, holding back his own.

"Fuck," he growled against her lips.

They both let out a moan which was drowned of its sound by the rushing waves of the ocean, as they'd both reached their peaks at last. Matty sighed in pleasure, watching her face before he slipped out and laid down beside her.

"God, Matty." She sat up, looking around to see they were still alone and shaking sand from her hair.

He laid there momentarily, exhausted.