Slumber Party

It's been only a week since Aurora and Peter have known each other and due to Yondu's death, the two haven't spent much time together to strengthen their sibling bonding. Both have grieved in their ways, sometimes even together and the loss of their dad still sits deeply in their bones. But now the grief slowly shrinks although it'll never be completely gone.

"You know, maybe it would be good if you spent some time with Aurora. She's your sister after all. And I'm sure you're eager to get to know her better." Gamora advises Peter who's slightly struggling on how to approach the practical stranger who he shares a similar family background with. Gamora's hand lies on his, holding it tightly.

"And what are you suggesting? Working together on the engines? Because Rocket and her already did this. The trash panda is already miles ahead of me." Peter grumbles and his other hand runs down his face.

"I don't know... Nebula and I would always fight. What do Terran siblings usually do together?" She questions and he shrugs.

"Movie nights, I guess. But I don't have any movies."

"Then ask her if she has any ideas. She's pretty... creative." Gamora has actually grown fond of Aurora's bubbly nature and Peter smiles slightly, stroking her cheek in an unusually gentle way.

"Thank you. For your help." He thanks her and she returns it with a genuine smile. Standing up from his bed, Peter Quill walks out of his room, Gamora following him to support him. As they head to the room that they use as a kitchen, dining room, and sometimes for engineering, they find Loki and Aurora having breakfast.

"No, Loki, you gotta pour the milk in first." Aurora explains gently and the God of Mischief frowns.

"I thought you add the milk after the cereal?"

"Most people do but if you add it later, you can't see how much you're supposed to add. It's logical to pour in the milk first. And doing it differently is much more fun, especially when you see the disturbing face of others."

"This doesn't make any sense, it's better to pour in the milk later." He shakes his head with a scoff, Aurora pouts.

"Just do as I say. Oh, hey, Peter, Gamora. Want some cereal too?" She offers kindly with a bright smile at her favorite couple. Yet, Peter Quill only lifts a brow.

"Uh, where did you get cereal from? We don't have any."

"Oh, Rocket and I used a capsule yesterday to go to the commercial market and get some food. Some of the traders had Terran food." She tells him and Peter Quill groans. Of course, Rocket spent time with her without him. Again.

"We're fine. Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you want to do something." Peter smiles nervously and Loki can already judge by Gamora's encouraging look what his true intentions are.

"Oh, yeah, Loki and I wanted to play some cards, I wanna show him some tricks on how to win. Wanna tag along?"

"Uh, actually– "

"I believe he intends to spend time with you as your brother, my love." Loki clarifies with an almost amused tone, enjoying how Peter Quill struggles. "That's why, Gamora is here as well. I assume she's supposed to watch me while you have your fun."

"Oh", Aurora realizes quickly and a happy smile spreads over her whole face. "Sure! I'm open for anything."

"Actually, you can choose– "

"SLUMBER PARTY!" She immediately yells and Gamora and Peter flinch while Loki is barely surprised and already used to it. "Can we do a slumber party in your room??? This would be so awesome! Gamora can sleep in her old room and Loki in my room! And we can wear matching PJs!"