6: Training, Skills Enhancement

Chapter 6: Trainings, Skills Enhancement

The loud sound of 'gong' echoed throughout the army camp waking all the soldiers up. Getting up from bed, Jing Xuan quickly got ready and dressed in her red hanfu, as usual tying a black sash over her waist.

The new training schedule consisted of, long distance shooting in the forest and a little hunt for beasts, there after will be combat skills and cultivation. Afterwards they'd get a short break before going out as groups to attack the beast in the forest with their cultivations skills and attacks.

This routine will be repeated for a week and then they will use only combat skills to attack the beast. They are not allowed to use their cultivation at all, if any dangers arise the hidden soldiers on duty will use their cultivation to help.

Everyday after the tiring training routine, Jing Xuan would still remember to train herself in the forest. She would practice her archery skills as she infused one of her skills from cultivation.

With her bow in hand, she draws back the string, at this time she would enhance her eyesight to shoot a further shot. She would also spend majority of her nights meditating and cultivating.

With this, 2 months quickly passed and Jing Xuan made drastic changes. With her trainings, she became tougher and stronger like she wanted and her cultivation rose to Earth Low Peak rank. Within two months she rose 4 rank and broke through.

As she became tougher, she had also killed more ruthlessly. She continued slaughtering beasts for 2 months and evidently her archery and dagger skills also increased drastically.

"Good job everyone! There is only a month left before we get our revenge! Lets keep our spirit and training up till then!" The lieutenant roared to the large crowd of soldiers which cheered in return.

Standing in the crowd, Jing Xuan was lost in her thoughts.

How can I further help the lieutenant with my archery? Now that I can shoot 3 arrows together,hmm. Poison! Poison will increase the rate of death!

Thinking till there, after the soldiers dispersed Jing Xuan headed to lieutenant Gui's tent and requested to meet him.

"What breeze bought you here to my tent?" He asked.

"Well, I want to leave the army camp and head to the village and learn to make some simple poison to smear on my arrow head." Jing Xuan said cutting straight to the point.

"You know Jun Xuan, I hadn't want to expose you but I know you're a female and is the eldest miss of the Mu Family so I can't let you get hurt. There are lots of beast recently going rampage near the village and you going there will mean your life at risk and I can't afford that..."

Slightly surprised at the fact that the lieutenant had seen through her disguise, she then changed back to her aloof expression.

"I can do it, and you know I can... even though I've only arrived here 3 months back without any battle experience and is as weak as a bunny. Now that ive trained here my skills and strength are not inferior to your soldiers and if i fight with one of your rank 1 soldiers we wouldn't know who will emerge as the victor.

I just want to learn some poison in the nearest village. I can handle myself, you don't have to worry about me because I am my own person. My safety and well being is what I need to take care of and it wasn't like my father instructed you to keep me alive and well. So just let me do as I please."

Hearing her words, the lieutenant was at a loss for words. He himself had seen her grown from a weak individual to a strong individual that can rifle with his best man yet he couldn't seem to put her into any bad situation knowing that she is a female.

"Fine... bring along your bodyguard Ming De. Come back in a months time before we head out to attack. Further instructions shall be given when you've returned." Lieutenant Gui looked at the retreating back of Jun Xuan.

She headed to her tent and started packing her stuff, intending to leave tonight, of course without her bodyguard Ming De. As soon as the night hits, and when everyone was having their dinner, Jing Xuan quickly grabbed her bag and left the army camp swiftly.

To avoid any patrolling soldiers and a Ming De who would later on realise what happened, she headed into the forest and took a longer route to the village anyways she had a month she thought.

Jing Xuan started focusing her spirit energy into her legs and her speed increased 4 times as fast. She can adjust her speed depending on the amount of spirit energy she used. Hardly did she get a 'break' so she decided to venture into the forest slightly. When she deem it far enough she climbs up onto the tree and rested for the night.

As she was sleeping, a group of beast started crowded below the tree as they sat there looking up at her waiting for her to awaken.

A loud growling sound could be heard and Jing Xuan woke up from her sleep, she slowly sat up on the tree branch and the crowd of beasts below caught her attention.

"What the banana is going on? Why are there so many beasts here!?" She asked, she wouldn't want to kill if she had a choice. If all of them are waiting for her to climb down and attack her, she would have to injure or kill them to escape but there are just so many of them that she feels bad.

"Um guys heheh I dont want to fight you guys so please leave. Shu" she said as she made a motion to make the beasts leave however they stood rooted to the ground.

A purple fox that was the size of a bunny with 3 tails walked out of the crowd of beast and made its way up onto the branch that Jing Xuan was seating on. The fox approaches her slowly as she started panicking.

Oh god... this fox is so cute I dont want to kill it!....

"Good foxy, I don't want to kill you so dont attack me." She said as she tried to get away from the fox, however the fox seemed to be pouting at the retreating actions of Jing Xuan.

"Are you pouting?" She asked.

Which in return the fox nodded its head.

Oh god this foxy can understand my language! I mean it can understand what im saying?!