Book 2. Chapter T W E N T Y T H R E E

Jill Malik P.O.V

I took one last look at my outfit in the mirror and I couldn't help but feel proud of myself. It was a long red satin dress with a high slit that Flynn bought for me as a gift. It fitted me like a glove and I wondered how Flynn knew my size even after all these years.

Amari was sleeping over at Ximena and Rodrigo's tonight. Three weeks ago we came back from France. We dropped Milan and aunt Lydia in Barcelona and then we immediately flew back to the states, because Flynn had a lot of meetings to attend.

Even I had to catch up on work. We were both very busy the following weeks. Occasionally Flynn came over for dinner after work or I dropped Amari at his to spend the night. We haven't really talked yet about 'us.' Simply, because we didn't got the chance to.

My phone buzzed on the nightstand and I walked over to see who it was.

Flynn: Open the door, pudding.

A smile appeared on my face and I walked over to the living room to open the door. Flynn stood there, dressed in a black suit, with a big smile on his face. What a handsome man he is. "Hey gorgeous," he greeted, hugging me and kissing both of my cheeks. "I brought you red roses to match that pretty dress of yours."

I laughed. "Thanks, Vasilios." I took the flowers from him. "So where are we going?"

"I thought of staying at home tonight. I brought dinner, wine, and dessert. We will have a fancy stay-at-home date night. What do you think?"

"Sounds like a plan." I moved out of my way so Flynn could step into the living room. Thank goodness I cleaned the house earlier. "What do we have for dinner?"

I followed him into the kitchen and he placed the plastic bags on the table. He turned around to face me and said," I brought lasagna, ravioli, and meatloaf. For desert there's chocolate cake."

"That sounds delicious. Did you made all of it yourself, Vasilios?"

He let out a laugh and shook his head. "I wish I could, but i'm not Rodrigo."

I sat down on the bar stool and watch as Flynn moved around the kitchen to set the table. "Do you need help?"

"No, I'm good. You should sit and watch the boss do the magic."

I chuckled. "Whatever you say, Vasilios."

I watch him light a candle and placing plates on the table. He then opened the wine and beckoned me to sit down at the table.

"So," He said, sitting down in front of me. "Are you impressed?"

"Actually yeah. It's better than I imagined." I answered honestly, taking a sip of my wine. It tasted delicious. Just what I needed after a busy week. "So, how was your day?"

Flynn stayed silent for a while. "Uhm, it was great." He said after a moment of hesitation. "Actually... Sera came by today... at my office."

My heart stopped for a millisecond. I stared at Flynn, waiting for him to continue. He probably saw the horrified expression on my face, because he shook his head.

"No, I made a promise to you and I will keep it until my last breath. Actually, Sera came to apologize."

I raised my eyebrows up at that. "And? An apology will not excuse the things she did."

"But I was also at fault, pudding. I admit it. What happened three years ago wasn't only her fault. We both know it. But that's not the point."

"Then what is the point, Vasilios?"