Chapter 31

You made it home. Connor went with Hank this time. You sighed. You got something to drink and then sat down on the couch. Carl was on the couch shoving pizza into his face. He had a bit of sauce, grease stains, and crumbs on face and his cheeks were bloated with it. He looked like a little kid. You chuckled a little. He looked over at you.

"Oh hey sis!" He mumbled through his mouthful of pizza. He gulped it down. "You seem down. What's up girl?" He asked before swiping his tongue all the way around his lip.

"Just...everything. Job is getting complicated and I have a lot to handle right now." You said. He frowned. 

"It'll be alright little sis! I know it will! You can pull through!" He said with a smile. You smiled back.

"Thanks Carl." You said and took a sip of your drink. Zane walked over and sat down next to you.

"He's right you know. You'll be just fine." He said with a kind smile. You smile got a bit bigger and you all relaxed together. Then the doorbell rang. "I got it." Zane said. He walked over to the door and opened it. His face instantly fell. "Carl," Carl looked over, but his face fell too when he saw Zane's expression. "get Dad." Carl quickly got up and hurried toward your father's work shop.

"Zane? Who is it?" You asked, coming over to the door. You were stunned to see Perkins there. "Perkins? What are you doing here?" You asked.

"I'd watch the tone Miss (L/n)." He replied.

"I didn't earlier and now you're at my house. If anything, you should watch your tone." You said. He gave you a small glare.

"This how your mother raised all of you? Or, well, most of you now." He said. You got angry.

"Why you-" Zane put out his arm to block you.

"(Y/n), go make sure Scarlett is awake." He said.

"What? Why?" You asked.

"(Y/n), go get Scarlett." He said, his tone growing even more serious. You looked at him, surprised. You know something I don't. You thought. Still, you hurried to get Scarlett. Her room wasn't far away from yours. You opened her door and saw her sitting at her own desk. Hers had a big mirror with lights all around it. She was brushing her hair in her PJ's. She looked over.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?" She asked.

"The FBI is here." You replied. She looked stunned and confused. She doesn't know what's going on then. You realized. You both hurried back down and you gasped. Your father was in handcuffs and Nova was growling in anger as she was dragged away on a muzzled leash.

"Dad!" Scarlett exclaimed. You both raced down.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" You yelled at Perkins.

"Locking up an accomplice of the deviants." He replied.

"What!? You have no proof of that! And Nova is just our pet! I'm sure a wolf broke into a broadcasting tower!" You said sarcastically. Carl looked fearful and Zane had no emotion in his eyes. You hadn't noticed since you were too busy glaring at Perkins.

"You're father is one of the best known Cyberlife workers ever known." Perkins said. "And that mutt is one of his creations." 

"Oh, so just because he worked there means he's helping the deviants!? Real classy Perkins!" You yelled.

"(Y/n)!" Your father said demandingly. Everyone stopped. "I would be an obvious suspect. I will go with these men peacefully, on two conditions." He said.

"And what are those?" Perkins asked.

"One, you leave the rest of my family out of this. Two, the wolf stays in my cell with me." He said. Perkins rolled his eyes. 

"Fine. Whatever. Take your dumb mutt in there with you." He said.

"But Dad-"

"No (Y/n). I'll be alright. You just focus on your investigation." He said. You frowned as they were taken away. You growled in rage. You punched the wall.

"THIS ISN'T FAIR! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" You yelled. "SO WHO'S GONNA GET FUCKING TAKEN AWAY NEXT, HUH?!" You shouted. Carl and Scarlett quickly helped you to calm down. Zane headed to his room.

"Where are you going?" Scarlett asked.

"To my room. I need to sleep on this." He said without looking back. Then, he disappeared down the hall.

Zane's POV

I closed the door and grabbed my phone. I dialed the number and it rang a few times.

"Hey man. You miss me or something-"

"(F/n) was taken to jail with Nova." I said, getting straight to the point. He didn't speak.

"Let me guess, suspected deviant helper?" He said after a minute.

"Yes. We have to do something before this gets worse." I said.

"Don't worry Zane. We got this." He said.

"You guys have a safe place for them to hide out?"

"Ha, what do you think we've been doing ourselves for the past week? Don't worry, we'll get them." He replied.

"I'm assuming I'll be hearing another story on the news in a few days." I said. He laughed.

"Since when have I ever been quiet?" He asked. I grinned.

"Never."

(AAAAAAAAND CLIFFHANGER! Seems Zane knows somebody ready for action! It be a mystery~ Heeheehee~ WELP!! I'M OUT! This is Spiritwing howling a goodbye! Author AHWOOOOOOOOT!)