twenty nine-harry/hermione

ship: harry/hermione

prompt: "we can't have a crisis — My schedule is already full!"

or

harry and hermione's babysitter wasn't good at her job

setting: mostly their flat

category(?): dare i say angst?

warning/tags: mentions of kidnapping

notes: a bit of a cliffhanger, so if you want more, ask?

words:311

When Harry unlocked the door of the flat his family lived in, dripping in sweat, he noticed how quiet it was. Beatrice should be up still...

"Bea, Ariana?" Ariana — their sitter for the day — was passed out on the couch, sporting a bruise to the head.

He jostled her awake. "Ariana!"

She jumped. "Oh, Mister Potter! So sorry. Beatrice is in her room."

Harry nodded. "Yeah, alright. Thanks Ariana."

Ariana nodded, leaving quickly.

As Harry came to the room painted yellow, his heart dropped. Toys were strewn everywhere and the window was open. Worst of all, his daughter was nowhere. "Bea?"

He ran towards the Floo. "Minister of Magic Office."

He could see Hermione, her brown, bushy hair across her face. "Harry, I love you, but now is not the—"

"No, Hermione, it is. We have a crisis."

She laughed shrilly, but not with humor. "We can't have a crisis — My schedule is already full!"

Harry sighed, and decided to spit it out. "Bea's gone."

"What?" Hermione asked.

"I've just got home and Ariana was asleep on the couch, Bea isn't here. I've looked everywhere, her bedroom window's open even."

"Maybe—"

"I didn't leave the window open, and Ariana had been asleep for maybe hours. Something's wrong, Herm. I could feel it when I walked in."

She sighed. "Could it be someone lashing out against me? I'm the Minister, it could be..."

Harry shrugged. "Honestly, it could be either of us. There are always going to be people that hate me, too."

Hermione nodded. "Now isn't the time for blame. That goes on Ariana, later. I'll meet with Auror Robards, you ask Ron and George to keep an eye out in Diagon Alley. Meet me at home in an hour and a half."

"Yes Ma'am. Love you."

She smiled at him despite the circumstances. "Love you too."